The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PCP or PCH for Car

zayn
zayn Posts: 92
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi All,
i am considering a car with a value of 20k which i plan to keep for 35 months and hand back the keys after this as part of the PCP or PCH. What are the overall financial pro's and con's ?

i understand currently

1. PCP per month payments are cheaper but the entire loan get's added to your credit file which could have issues in the future

2. PCH is a lease which only shows up on your credit file as a monthly payment without the entire amount being shown on your credit file.

If anyone can please advise if i have missed anything ?

Thank you

Comments

• PedroMatias
    PedroMatias Posts: 259
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    zayn wrote: »
    Hi All,
    i am considering a car with a value of 20k which i plan to keep for 35 months and hand back the keys after this as part of the PCP or PCH. What are the overall financial pro's and con's ?

i understand currently

1. PCP per month payments are cheaper but the entire loan get's added to your credit file which could have issues in the future

2. PCH is a lease which only shows up on your credit file as a monthly payment without the entire amount being shown on your credit file.

If anyone can please advise if i have missed anything ?

Thank you

With PCP, the 'buyback' value will most likely be less than the market value, so you should end up with a bit of cash left over if you sell and pay off the loan after 3 years. PCH is a straightforward 'term finishes, car comes back' job.
  • zayn
    Forumite
    With PCP, the 'buyback' value will most likely be less than the market value, so you should end up with a bit of cash left over if you sell and pay off the loan after 3 years. PCH is a straightforward 'term finishes, car comes back' job.

Thanks Pedro, what concerns me is the credit file. I don't like the fact that the entire value of the car is added to my file under PCP, this will cause me issues if within the next 3 years i consider moving home or another loan..
  • zayn
    Forumite
    Can anyone please advise if both PCP and PCH show up on your credit file as a 20K loan, as i am being given conflicting information

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport