Phones 4U contract buyout

hi,

am currently got 9 mnths left on an 18mnth contract with vodafone and want to move away from them as there signal were i am has got worse and there price plans are no longer competive with orange (my opinion).

question is does any one know if phones 4u would buy me out of the contract have tried search there website and net unable to find anythingon this.

Thanks in advance for your help:money:

Comments

• highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    9 months into a contract, I would doubt anyone will buy you out. Just not worth it for them.
  • Maccauk
    Maccauk Posts: 16 Forumite
    Thanks highguyuk for your response.

am not 9 months into contract i've got 9 months left
  • darich
    darich Posts: 2,145
    Forumite
    Maccauk wrote: »
    Thanks highguyuk for your response.

am not 9 months into contract i've got 9 months left

if it's an 18month contract and you have 9months left, you are therefore 9months into the contract.:confused:

Keen photographer with sales in the UK and abroad.
    Willing to offer advice on camera equipment and photography if i can!
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    ring them up and see what they say? What line rental are you paying at the moment? They might just make you pay the remaining line rental fopr the 9 months upfront then you cacn leave. i.e. if your line rental is £25 if you pay 9 that? I guess the only way to find out is to ringthem
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • Dehidie
    Dehidie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi i have a 18m contract with orange, i have approx 5 months left would i be able to have to remaining contract brought out?
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Doubt it, they usually only do buyouts of three/four months or less. And I don't know if they're offering them at the moment.
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • Dehidie
    ok thank you for the reply, I rang phones4u today and spoke to a sale adviser and she advised me that they are still offering the Buy out of contract, and that she asked me if i could pop in for a chat in the mornng 8/8/09 for 15 mins to see what they coul sort out for me...... Ill post tomorroe to let u know how i get on. But to be fair if i have to pay towards buying out the remining time on my contract myself i think i will as i need to get away from ORANGE as there signel is PANTS :mad:.
  • Fork86
    Fork86 Posts: 398
    Forumite
    Dehidie wrote: »
    ok thank you for the reply, I rang phones4u today and spoke to a sale adviser and she advised me that they are still offering the Buy out of contract, and that she asked me if i could pop in for a chat in the mornng 8/8/09 for 15 mins to see what they coul sort out for me...... Ill post tomorroe to let u know how i get on. But to be fair if i have to pay towards buying out the remining time on my contract myself i think i will as i need to get away from ORANGE as there signel is PANTS :mad:.

They will probably see what price plan you are currently on and see if it is possible for you to drop down a tarriff level (depends on your network provider), which will subsequently make cancelling the contract cheaper. They may suggest you give/trade in your old handset to help bridge the cost.
    Try to imagine nothing ever existed...
  • Dehidie
    I just rang orange and they have told me i would have have to pay £201 to buy out the remaning months on contract. im off to town in a bit and ill see what they say
  • Dehidie - might be an idea to read the orange price changes thread as you may not need a buy out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure