Notice to Newcomers re Trolls - part 14

Comments

• solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone :wave:

I see we have a new home :j:j I like the decor, Tixy, cake patterned wallpaper and a chocolate brown carpet, very appropriate :D:D

Hope you're all having a good Monday... if there is such a thing :undecided

Your weekend sounds fun, G, I'd quite like the chance to get up to no good :D

Thanks for the cake, Bear, it must have taken you ages to do all that decorating ;)

Not sure where Mr S is in a better mood today or not, I'll have to wait and see when he gets back later, will report back :)

Off to do something exciting now.. put some washing in the machine :rotfl::rotfl:
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Boshed - definitely spam first post. And the remaining posts are of little use or sense.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Shovel_Lad
    Shovel_Lad Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Evening :hello:

Thank you Tixy for starting this :beer:

Thanks for the cake Bear :j

I've got us drinks to celebrate :D

SuperStock_1898-14694.jpg
    tray-of-drinks.jpg
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 27 January 2014 at 11:54PM
    Shovel_Lad wrote: »
    Evening :hello:

Thank you Tixy for starting this :beer:

Thanks for the cake Bear :j

I've got us drinks to celebrate :D

SuperStock_1898-14694.jpg
    tray-of-drinks.jpg

I am definitely in a celebratory mood! Monday is over for a start:D Hmm I think I might go for the pink one;) Oh maybe not it seems to have disappeared in SL's post but still in mine. How strange..........
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all :hello:
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    BuMp-14.gif
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • Afternoon :hello:

I saw a bee earlier :eek::D
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Good afternoon and Happy New Thread!

Piddling with rain all day today in Nargleland, but a promise of light snow Weds night and Thurs morning - bring it on, let's get the stuff over and done with!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Hello and Welcome

A long time ago Pania wrote the message below to Newcomers or anyone who comes across a troll on the forum

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll?
    A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made. If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, asking for help and advice, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty!

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants. So to get rid of the offending post, at the bottom of the post towards the right hand side you’ll see a red "Warning" triangle within a blue “Report” icon, as shown below:

report.gif

Click the icon and then "send" the message which will inform the MSE team of the post, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the troll by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills