Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bhoyle wrote: »
    hi, I just swopped (28 Feb 17) dual fuel from Extra Energy (no problems with them) to Iresa and I'm wondering if it's a mistake.Initially all seemed to go well enough but my on-line account page doesn't give any way to add a Gas reading - the electricity one does and seems to work. I've called their customer services team 3 times over the last few days: caller 32 in queue twice and caller 24 today. I waited 5 minutes each time but didn't move up the queue at all. I also sent 2 emails briefly explaining the problem. No reply to either 1 week later. I wonder about their customer services commitment and if I still get no joy after a few weeks I'll consider changing to another supplier as there are no exit fees on the plan I choose

Meter.readings@iresa.co.uk with your account number should do the trick.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    bhoyle wrote: »
    hi, I just swopped (28 Feb 17) dual fuel from Extra Energy (no problems with them) to Iresa and I'm wondering if it's a mistake.Initially all seemed to go well enough but my on-line account page doesn't give any way to add a Gas reading - the electricity one does and seems to work. I've called their customer services team 3 times over the last few days: caller 32 in queue twice and caller 24 today. I waited 5 minutes each time but didn't move up the queue at all. I also sent 2 emails briefly explaining the problem. No reply to either 1 week later. I wonder about their customer services commitment and if I still get no joy after a few weeks I'll consider changing to another supplier as there are no exit fees on the plan I choose

Having changed from EON to Iresa my advice is to hang fire and relax. Like my own, your expectations on the speed and efficiency of this small company may be misplaced. I swopped on 11 January and matters are still not fully in situ yet. However, I received my final bill from EON yesterday, and the electricity side of my online account is now showing with supply date meter reading. My gas contract date is now listed but still no MPRN, or meter reading.
    I am more chilled about the transfer and trust/hope that although somewhat glacial, all will eventually come good. Good luck.
  • After much deliberation I just switched today, the indecision was driving me round the bend,
    I’ve went for it, Switched from Scottish Power
    No Exit fees
    No Drama so far, Will keep posting.
    What’s the worst that will happen! Ha
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Zero customer service from this lot BUT with a bit of luck you won't need it. (If you do need CS best bet is Twitter account @IresaEnergy).
    It helps greatly if you provide ACCURATE meter ids when signing up and then ACCURATE meter reads when requested and diarise this to be done monthly.
    It can take upto 42 days for change-over meter reads to be checked by 3rd party. Also, because Iresa take the DD early (3 days after cooling off) expect there to be some DD overlap. If you're impateint -checking the web site every 5 mins - Iresa is not for you. Good luck.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    After much deliberation I just switched today, the indecision was driving me round the bend,
    I’ve went for it, Switched from Scottish Power
    No Exit fees
    No Drama so far, Will keep posting.
    What’s the worst that will happen! Ha
    If you switched today, like I did yesterday then you won't of received anything more than a confirmation email. How many months wait is the question.......What's the worst that can happen in such a short time period?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    How many months wait is the question.......
    Shouldn't be more than a couple...(noting it can take up to 42 days AFTER 1st meter reads for them to be validated by 3rd party).

C6jcpJ2WkAAtfm8.jpg
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My initial read for IRESA has appeared today,only 7 days after I submitted.Wonder if it is likely to be changed or whether it has actually gone thru the validation process?
    MANY thanks to EON rep Helena :T who has chased up why my leccy account appears to be still live with them. Apparently it is in a status of "loss pending" which means EON are still waiting for some information from ??.
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My switch completed with no issues. I am happy with them, I contact them through fb or twitter if I need anything and they respond very quickly too the same day.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    brewerdave wrote: »
    My initial read for IRESA has appeared today,only 7 days after I submitted.Wonder if it is likely to be changed or whether it has actually gone thru the validation process?
    MANY thanks to EON rep Helena :T who has chased up why my leccy account appears to be still live with them. Apparently it is in a status of "loss pending" which means EON are still waiting for some information from ??.

Your're very welcome brewerdave,

Myself or Malc will be in contact next week.

'speak' then.

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    My switch completed with no issues. I am happy with them, I contact them through fb or twitter if I need anything and they respond very quickly too the same day.

See I don't have (or want) fb or twitter. I have sent them a message through my account 3 weeks ago asking them to UP my Direct debit payment. NOTHING! They want to lay off social media and deal with traditional methods first. If they have time then to hang about and post on that skank then fine.

NOT HAPPY WITH IRESA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport