Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Agree.

From our own experience have felt this way too and that MSE used to be on the side of the little guy.

Now switching again...away from Iresa.

Have been stung couple more times lately using MSE recommendations (and my own choice).
    But when have reported/raised awareness to MSE via Twitter = nothing.

Have also used MSE Resolver too which has turned out to be a meaningless entity other than it endorses MSE Resolver.
    Blimey, more MSE bashing. Did you read their reply?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72751015&postcount=1001
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 June 2017 at 1:42PM
    Agree.

From our own experience have felt this way too about the change in MSE and that MSE used to be on our side.

Switched on reading MSE pros n cons re;Iresa which appears on the MSE website.
    Now switched again...away from Iresa.

Have been stung couple more times lately using MSE recommendations (and our own choice). But when have reported/raised awareness to MSE via Twitter = nothing.

World over it's all about the £$.

Have also used MSE Resolver too which has turned out to be a meaningless entity other than it endorses MSE Resolver.

MSE Cheap Energy Club links to an Ofgem- accredited price comparison website. MSE CEC shows all the energy deals that are available. If memory serves, the sign up process for Iresa was via the supplier's own website so no third-party referral fee was involved. That said, there is still the unanswered question: 'why did MSE list Iresa as a Top Pick'?
  • Savershaver
    Savershaver Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 June 2017 at 2:55PM
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Blimey, more MSE bashing. Did you read their reply?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72751015&postcount=1001

Please read my reply grumpy crab re 'bashing'.

As a forum member I am contributing to a forum; have my thoughts, have an opinion and share my experience.

Thanks Hengus agree.
    We looked on MSE read about Iresa (plus warnings) and went ahead to try to MS.
    We consider inclusion on MSE an endorsement of sorts (pre own investigation) and we consider that a reasonable assumption.
    Try to help and glad for help from strangers online in forums. No telling strangers online off, no putting them down or point scoring. Getting by.
  • HARRY_KARRY
    HARRY_KARRY Posts: 17 Forumite
    Hi! Need help and not sure if this is the correct channel.
    IRESA ENERGY erroneously transferred my BG gas supply in April 2017. I have never contacted them or had/made any contract with them. BG have been in contact with IRESA on numerous occassions to get the matter rectified but IRESA are not returning calls or messages. In June I received an 8 week letter from BG saying I could now refer the matter to Ombudsman. This week, had call from BG asking me to contact IRESA (as they are not getting anywhere with them). I do not see why I have to chase this up with IRESA and more importantly give IRESA any personal information about me. Any advice forunites?

Harry
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    IRESA ENERGY erroneously transferred my BG gas supply in April 2017. I have never contacted them or had/made any contract with them. BG have been in contact with IRESA on numerous occassions to get the matter rectified but IRESA are not returning calls or messages. In June I received an 8 week letter from BG saying I could now refer the matter to Ombudsman. This week, had call from BG asking me to contact IRESA (as they are not getting anywhere with them). I do not see why I have to chase this up with IRESA and more importantly give IRESA any personal information about me. Any advice forunites?

Harry

I would talk to Citizens Advice if I were you. There is a code for dealing with this type of situation which should not involve the customer. BG really ought to be talking to Ofgem. I am not sure what The EO can do bearing in mind that it takes at least 8 weeks for them to reach a decision.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/problems-with-your-energy-supply/youve-been-switched-to-a-new-energy-supplier-without-your-agreement/
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

Harry

Have IRESA made any contact with you? ie asked for meter reading and bank details??
    As per Hengus reply, an erroneous transfer should all be handled by the "losing" supplier ie BG:mad:
  • HARRY_KARRY
    Hi! Brewerdave. No contact, never had any contact with IRESA about bank details, meter readings. In fact, never heard of them until had gas bill from BG in April. I rang BG to give updated reading and that's when they told me IRESA was now my supplier. Not had any contact in any way with IRESA.

Harry
  • HARRY_KARRY
    Sorry Hengus, just read your response.
    Thanks

H
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    Just wanted to post an update on my experience. I started my electricity supply only with Iresa (due to another supplier being cheaper for gas and Iresa having an issue with calorific values) at the start of March.
    The payments went through fine every month and I got interest on my accumulating balance at a rate comparable to the best savings accounts around.
    My readings weren't being updated although were submitted at least once a month. About a week ago I checked and it seemed like they had made an upgrade to their online portal as two options came up for old and new but the best thing was it had updated and charged me correctly back to March. It looks like everything sorted itself out and having supplied another reading have now had that updated and charged up to that point.
    I'm happy to support a small company that's got very cheap rates and provides jobs to people in Nottingham (not making loads of people in the UK redundant to outsource abroad like some of the big suppliers). I appreciate that as a small company they maybe keep costs down by not being perfect for customer service and their website can be a bit hit and miss but not too surprising considering the number of people they've taken on board.
    All in all I'm happy and things are going well for me at the moment at least. Anything can change but I know the big suppliers had major issues with their billing systems and online accounts so don't think it's too bad that such a small company should suffer the same.
    Fingers crossed things continue the same...
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 June 2017 at 7:27PM
    martyp wrote: »
    Just wanted to post an update on my experience. I started my electricity supply only with Iresa (due to another supplier being cheaper for gas and Iresa having an issue with calorific values) at the start of March.
    The payments went through fine every month and I got interest on my accumulating balance at a rate comparable to the best savings accounts around.
    My readings weren't being updated although were submitted at least once a month. About a week ago I checked and it seemed like they had made an upgrade to their online portal as two options came up for old and new but the best thing was it had updated and charged me correctly back to March. It looks like everything sorted itself out and having supplied another reading have now had that updated and charged up to that point.
    I'm happy to support a small company that's got very cheap rates and provides jobs to people in Nottingham (not making loads of people in the UK redundant to outsource abroad like some of the big suppliers). I appreciate that as a small company they maybe keep costs down by not being perfect for customer service and their website can be a bit hit and miss but not too surprising considering the number of people they've taken on board.
    All in all I'm happy and things are going well for me at the moment at least. Anything can change but I know the big suppliers had major issues with their billing systems and online accounts so don't think it's too bad that such a small company should suffer the same.
    Fingers crossed things continue the same...

Good to see a few people recently making the effort to post positive feedback on a company (and not just on Iresa). It very rarely happens as most people just use this site and others to raise issues, rather than say when things have gone OK.

To add to the quote above; we have been with Iresa for electric since December last year and not had any major issues. Went Ok, so we helped a relative switch their electric to them earlier this year, and again, no problems, so far. Regarding customer service; had very little need to contact them, but when we have, we have received a response within a reasonable time; not instant, but within a few days.

Meter readings were slow to appear at first, but now usually appear within a couple of days.

Will be interesting to see if they are still competative when the years contract comes up for renewal, but in the meantime, enjoying a very cheap rate; which when ever we do an updated comparison still states we are on the best deal.

Like above, did not switch Gas to them, as Zog offered a much better deal; so avoided the calorific value issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure