Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• Torres9
    Torres9 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    These cowboys tried to trick me into taking cover out with the old 'REWARDS FREE 1month for being a valued customer!' con. Unlike Netflix or Prime their idea of a 'FREE' month isn't to offer you a free month trial (Notice how they cleverly word it to make you think you're getting a good deal when the only thing they DO cover is their own a*se!) but to dangle the bait then slap a schedule of monthly direct debits on your account. I didn't notice at first because I had already signed up to Boiler cover (Ha! Joke!) so they already had my bank details and just needed a simple 'yes' in a reply via email to activate it. Sly doesn't come close to these guys! They kept quiet hoping I wouldn't notice - even when I claimed for a call out on our boiler and gave them the wrong reference number! As soon as I realised their game I immediately cancelled my direct debits and after the rant I had with them over their 'Beyond Economical Repair' stunt I made sure they wouldn't be getting another penny! £13.51 phone calls to them in 3 days, not to mention the state their engineer left our kitchen in. And to top it all off they left my disabled wife with no heating all week when they could have switched the heating back on, as the fault lay with the hot water supply - Not the central heating!!
  • I wish I saw these reviews earlier and never picked a plan with them. They are total rip off and find any fine print T&C for charging you extra on a promised unlimited free call out.
    I have so far paid GBP 150 for the two engineer's visit. They found some ridiculous reasons to charge me.
    My tenant informed me today that the boiler is broken down. 247home rescue contacted him and my tenant told them the boiler was not working since last week. 247homerescue found a reason to refuse to fix it under contract since my tenant didn't inform me to inform them with in 24 hours after the breakdown.
    how on earth my tenant could know about the fine print in the T&C of my contract? How can i force my tenant to report the breakdown with in 24hrs if he chose not to do so? absolutely ridicules and dishonest. I am paying premiums every month to 247homerescue but when there is a break down they expect me to pay for the engineer visit.
  • how can I report them to a watchdog?
  • send an email to watch dog watchdog@bbc.co.uk or use their website. also send a complaint to trading standards
  • Terrible company!

Dear Sir/Madame,

I have just phoned to cancel my cover which took 35 minutes 2 of which on the phone. After being answered and then cut off twice and told to phone an alternative number i was finally put through to the cancellations department.

I was explained my reason for cancelling was due to an incident when i was working away and our boiler stopped working. When my partner phoned to explain the issue she was told it was a pressure drop and that the cover did not support the assistance she required unless she paid a £75 callout with parts and labour on top. I was forced to get in touch with family members who luckily went round and re pressurise the boiler.

When i explained this to the cancellation team they offered me the next two months free which totals a sum of around £22, very disappointing.
    I feel this cover was mis sold and the help given a very poor standard, the fact i have also paid for this cover over the past couple of months is beyond me.

I will be forwarding this complaint on.

Aaron Wright.
  • Exactly, they are fraud . Stay away from them.

I have paid Homerescue247 full amount for whole year, after a month they changed my contract without liaising with me. According to which I paid them more than the actual service plan entails. I asked them to refund the balance, which is still not received (nearly 4 weeks have been passed)

On other hand, even worst. They sent their engineer very proactively for my boiler service, as soon as the engineer left, same night my heating system malfunctioned. I phoned them to informed, instead they said it cannot be their fault, to help they need to check for which they asked me to pay £75 security deposit telling me it is just the security deposite we will pay you back if we ascertained that the issue is not related to boiler. I was concerned and trusted them, so end up paying extra £75 (on top of full year payment). Engineer confirmed that the problem nothing to do with boiler instead it is to do with the heathing system valves.

I then phoned them back, to ask for £75 refund, first of all I could not get hold of them easily. No ones picks up call, and finally after long waiting time, if someone picks and get the whole story, they end up refuding to hellp and ask to redial to other function, that happened several times. I end up speaking with 3 functions after long waiting time. Each functional advisor refused to help very rudely (except one exception). Finaly I was told, I cannot get my £75 because they sent engineer to check. And the heating system issue is nothing to do with their engineer fault neither is is covered in their plan so asked me to pay ADDITONAL £250 TO FIX (despite I have full comprehensive cover with them, which says I am fully covered for heating systeam including parts and labours). It is such a stress , I never dealt such a rogue company before. I do not know what to do with them. Now for new claims, they ask for another £75 on top and do nothing. This kind of behaviour cannot be simply defined as unprofessional, it is WORST.

As I am writing this, I trying to call them, after long waiting time, someone picked up and hung up straight away.
  • I wish I would have seen this before I signed up to this company, we've had no heating or hot water for 3 days, I eventually insisted they send an engineer who confirmed our boiler needed a new part fitting, I've chased this up today to be told they need authority to order the part. Ive spoken to about 7 different people 2 who have been so rude I'm fuming
  • I have paid Homerescue247 full amount for whole year, after a month they changed my contract without liaising with me. According to which I paid them more than the actual service plan entails. I asked them to refund the balance, which is still not received (nearly 4 weeks have been passed)

On other hand, even worst. They sent their engineer very proactively for my boiler service, as soon as the engineer left, same night my heating system malfunctioned. I phoned them to informed, instead, they said it cannot be their fault, to help they need to check for which they asked me to pay £75 security deposit telling me it is just the security deposit we will pay you back if we ascertained that the issue is not related to the boiler. I was concerned and trusted them, so end up paying extra £75 (on top of full-year payment). Engineer confirmed that the problem nothing to do with boiler instead it is to do with the heating system valves.

I then phoned them back, to ask for £75 refund, first of all I could not get hold of them easily. No one picks up call, and finally after long waiting time, if someone picks and get the whole story, they end up refusing to help and ask to redial to other function, that happened several times (no one takes ownership). I end up speaking with 3 functions after long waiting time and several dials. Each functional advisor refused to help very rudely (except one exception). Finally, I was told, I cannot get my £75 because they sent an engineer to check. And the heating system issue is nothing to do with their engineer fault neither is covered in their plan so asked me to pay ADDITIONAL £250 TO FIX (despite I have a full comprehensive cover with them, which says I am fully covered for a central heating system including parts and labours). I then wrote a letter to their complaints department explaining all the background situation and complications and asked questions very clearly and logically, in return, I got 2 line response telling me that i cannot get my security deposit back and the problem is not covered in their plan (without addressing any logical point I made in my letter). It is such a stress, I never dealt such a rogue company before. I do not know what to do with them. Now for new claims, they ask for another £75 on top and do nothing. This kind of behaviour cannot be simply defined as unprofessional, it is WORST.

Let alone the £75 security deposit, I cannot even get my own money back which I overpaid in advance for a whole year (without knowing they will change my premium and charge access from £0 to £75. I am not too concerned for access, is the difference of premium they owe me ). I was told 4 weeks ago that refund of my premium difference has been processed in a system that I will get maximum in 14 days. After 20 days passed, I did not get any refund, and when I phoned back, they were rude and simply said they do not know why it was not processed (despite their manager Simon Jones confirmed me by email). I have sent couple of emails to Simon, but no response. This time I am informed that they have refunded the premium difference (with urgent notification), so nearly a week has gone, and I am waiting to see if that will happen. Nevertheless, if I get my annual premium difference refund or not, I am perplexed and do not know how to deal with them in future. In theory, I am covered for electricity, plumbing, boiler breakdown, central heating, home security etc., I do not know if some problem occurs and I call them, they will ask me to pay £75 again for engineer to ascertain the problem, and end up telling me that they cannot solve it unless I pay 100s of pounds (means I lose £75 as well as pay more and more to them).
  • Someone on this thread mentioned cancelling Direct Debits. I did that on one of my contracts, only to find a week or so later that 24/7 HomeRescue had re-instated it without telling me! Can they legally do this? At the same time I discovered that a different contract had been "automatically" renewed by 24/7 HomeRescue at double the premium, and they had increased the Direct Debit, again without telling me! Can they legally do this? For these, and many other reasons, my advice would be to steer well clear of this outfit...:(
  • When I was looking for a boiler maintenance contract I scanned the reviews on Trust Pilot and, impressed by the high star-rating for 24/7 HomeRescue, I signed up with this company. Big mistake! It is true that their sign-up process is simple (they are keen to take your money) and the promises in their literature seem very comforting. What I did not appreciate at the time was that 24/7 HomeRescue’s contract comes with a very lengthy set of Terms & Conditions that can be effectively summarised as:- “Notwithstanding anything promised or implied in our contract, we shall be under no obligation whatsoever to respond to any call for help. Whether we respond or not, and the additional fee(s) that we charge for such response, shall be at our sole discretion.”
    After falling foul of 24/7 HomeRescue’s Terms and Conditions I took another look at those reviews on Trust Pilot. There are a few good reviews for service but most of the five-star reviews refer only to the sign-up process, and there is a suggestion that these reviews were solicited by the company. Many of these brief positive reviews are accompanied by an effusive response from 24/7 HomeRescue that includes blatant advertising! There are quite a few negative reviews, but there are also many reviews (nine in the last week) that are blocked – “247 Home Rescue reported this review for breach of Trustpilot guidelines”. Obviously I do not know what these blocked reviews actually said, but my guess would be that they were not good! Can we rely upon a review website when unscrupulous companies are permitted to manipulate their “star-rating” by soliciting positive reviews and attempting to suppress negative reviews? Can we trust Trust Pilot?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback