PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Floor Movement

Hi

Our buyers have pulled out :(

It was all really odd, the surveyor came yesterday to do a Homebuyers and he was here for close to 3 hours! He was asking lots of questions and told me he was new to the company, seemed a nice man, chatting, infact couldn't get rid of him.

This morning buyers been in touch and said "the surveyor has reported that there is movement under the floor of the bungalow". When I bought it no movement was mentioned and I had a Homebuyers, we had a buyer last year that pulled out due to personal circumstances (downsizing) and the only negotiation she wanted to do was because her Homebuyers Report mentioned the fuse box electifcs. No mention of floor movement.

I'm devastated. It's a 1992 detached bungalow on a small cul-de-sac of 10 properties mixture of detached houses and bungalows so they aren't particularly old. No one has had issues selling before.

The buyers have just emailed saying their mortgage company won't lend on it as "they have said they will not release the funds with probable works to follow as a result of the survey" but as they have not replied to my message asking for more information or if they would let us have a copy of the report I don't know if they are lying, if it's the truth or if they just needed a reason to pull out of the purchase so I have no idea exactly what was said.

What is indication of floor movement? There are no cracks into the walls no cracks in the floors. I just don't know what to do.

Comments

• Maybe its true, maybe its just they dont want to admit they have changed their mind.

Put it back on the market and move on.
  • lovehols
    lovehols Posts: 214 Forumite
    Luckily we never took it off or stopped marketing it as they were in a chain so we made it clear we were carrying on in case their chain collapsed having had this happen as well. I'm so annoyed there is no more info, they ignoring all calls from EA and emails from me. I'm convinced there is nothing and they are looking for a way out without saying they've changed their mind.

If my Homebuyers and the previous Homebuyers didn't show it from the last collapsed sale a few months ago, either they have had a very over zealous surveyor, a very good surveyor or the last two surveyors were epically sh*te.

Onwards and upwards. We do have another interested party, cash buyer when she has sold hers but she still has not sold.

I just wanted to vent, I'm emotional :mad:
  • ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Did he lift floorboards and look UNDER the floor? I suspect not.
  • lovehols
    edited 17 March 2018 at 6:36PM
    No, I was in the whole time. The bungalow is carpeted with vinyl flooring in the hall, bathroom and kitchen. He never lifted any of the flooring. It's concrete flooring underneath covered in that black stuff (sorry not sure what that is)!

I know this as it was carpeted throughout when I bought it and ripped it all up so i know what's on the floor!

The people have been in touch and said they haven't actually seen the report just that their mortgage company said they wouldn't lend on it. The whole thing doesn't make sense. I'm currently obsessing walking around the house looking for cracks outside and haven't seen any.

I'm that jacked off with the whole thing, just tempted to put it in for auction and have done but I'm so bl**dy convinced there is no floor movement. How can two surveys not find anything and one decide it's not worthy of a mortgage!
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You're right it doesnt make any sense, because if the surveyor came on Friday for three hours, there's no way that any report was written up in the afternoon, and that the mortgage co received it the,n and took action that same afternoon.

So, someone is telling porkies. Most likely your buyers.
  • lovehols
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    You're right it doesnt make any sense, because if the surveyor came on Friday for three hours, there's no way that any report was written up in the afternoon, and that the mortgage co received it the,n and took action that same afternoon.

So, someone is telling porkies. Most likely your buyers.

Yep, he came at just before 10am and didn't leave til after lunch. I know he lived an hour away. The buyers just said the detail they have is that the mortgage provider have been emailed details from the surveyor of what will be in the report and they will not release the funds with probable works to follow as a result of the survey.

They have now said they will send me a copy when they get it. Whether they will or not remains to be seen. I'm so shocked. This was just the surveyor that their mortgage company use, not sure who it is, it's a building society local to them, I'm guessing Nationwide. Our EA seems to think they may have made an offer on another property via something they said today. I just wish they would say if that's the case rather than giving me a breakdown my bungalow is falling down!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure