I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• Well, I went to the local with my friend . We arranged to take part in the quiz night. We actually won !:rotfl:
    We won £10 . Not many people taking part. Great night
  • Hi Georgina ;)
    Please excuse my short term memory loss. Whereabouts in the world are you ?
    You definitely have my sympathy if you are struggling in this weather.
    I saw tips like putting pillowcases in the fridge or was it freezer?
    If i was living in London again , a ceiling fan would be essential .
    I have my dyson desk fan and it does a better job than expected .however they are expensive as you know . Ice cold showers are something I like sometimes .. . So far though I've not gone down that route yet ;)
    Thanks AC :) I'm in North West London (Zone 4). Unfortunately we rent our flat and there are lots of restrictions on what we can & cannot install, so no ceiling fan allowed (that would be the dream!). But I've put big fans on either side of the bed so its like being in a wind tunnel.
    Cold showers are good too, I'm not quite brave enough for ice cold but who knows what I'll turn to if the weather gets hotter!
    I haven't tried the pillowcases in the freezer trick, another one to add to the list.
  • Hi Georgina :)
    Hope you are coping today. Only a couple more days and then temperature drops :)
    I went to the shops and straight back in again . Too much today .
    All this heat is making me lazy. :)
  • Hi Georgina :)
    Hope you are coping today. Only a couple more days and then temperature drops :)
    I went to the shops and straight back in again . Too much today .
    All this heat is making me lazy. :)

Thanks AC, I feel much better today because I'm back in the office and have been able to crank up my air conditioning. Weather like this makes me feel like doing overtime ;)

I've been meaning to do some exercise in the flat or go to the gym in the mornings but just had no energy or motivation to do it when it is so hot. Maybe when the temp drops (but to be honest, I probably won't!).
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I love living down south by the coast. We were only saying the other day as we had lunch overlooking the Plymouth Sound that people retire down here and we are lucky to live here. I am sure though that Derbyshire is also beautiful LL - don't want to start a north v south war ;)

Don't worry ....I won't be starting a north south war.

I have lived in Spain, the south west of England, and "north of the wall":rotfl: I can be happy anywhere.

I believe we should all be able to "bloom where we are planted". Life is what we make it, wherever we live.

It's my 66th birthday today.....- wahoo, the sun is shining, I am covered in paint and as happy as a pig in muck. :rotfl:

A weekend of celebrations is on the horizon......:D
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Happy birthday LL.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Happy birthday LL - hope you have a lovely day and enjoy the weekend ;)

I finish work tomorrow for 8.5 weeks - can't wait..... roll on 5pm tomorrow
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Happy birthday LL :T:j
    Glad the rest of you are feeling good today :)
    James has been and gone . He did a great job of hanging my basses on various walls in the flat . He fixed my tv on the wall .
    He also fixed the kitchen cupboard to accommodate more stuff .

Not sure about the tv unit . I may have to put it on fleabay and get something a bit less wide and a bit more square . The one I currently have , is a nice black glass one but oval shaped .
    I'll browse online and decide .

The way things are, it looks like ( tv unit aside), the living room is completed. I just have to do a basic tidy up in there .
    Hallway should be clear tomorrow a m when I dump a few bags into the recycling bin .
    Bathroom ? All done. Just need to vacuum and give the floor a grntle wash .
    Kitchen ? Just needs a tidy up . Oh, I intend to put a few pictures on the wall once I get frames .
    Main bedroom ? Just needs a tidy up . Again , I need to put a couple of pics up once I get frames .
    Gas room ? Well 3 basses are on 2 walls . Needs tidy up .
    James is coming back on mon/ tues to put another shelf up.
    I would say that this time next week I'll be tearing through the 10,000 box files .

The flat still has crates but I feel that after the weekend, I'll be in control .
    Once that's done , then 90+% are going straight on fleabay .

A warm ,lazy inspirational day ;)
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,573 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Sounds like all coming along nicely AC. Get those crates and boxfiles sorted over next few weeks and you will be there or almost. Lots of shredding or look into LLs suggestion of confidential waste collection and destroy service.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks enthusiastic .:) will be on the case doing something.

So, I put the turntable onto the tv stand . I've just done something very mse I've decided to keep the stand I already have :T
    Need cable tidy asap tho . Hopefully they have some in wilko.
    Need to get some compressed air in a can . I know I'm full of it , but I need it to clean various electrical stuff. Again , I'll see if wilko do some
    Now to give my brain a rest :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport