One Call Insurance

Comments

• another un - happy customer ,had a policy with one call for a year ,always shop around for car insurance ,the day before my previous policy with one - call expired I received an e - mail informing me I was going to be automatically re billed for a policy I didnt want ,after phoning and telling one call I did not want to be re -billed ,4 weeks later ,guess what my credit cards been charged with the full ammount ,I was also threatened with the excesss charge If i did not produce my driving license ,the automatic rebilling and need to produce a drivers license are two things i have never encountered in all my years of insuring my car on -line,surely they should be removed from any search engines that value customer feedback
  • bump:j
    these shysters need keeping in the public domain,please dont let this thread disapear :mad:
  • They were advertising on TV between Im a celebrity the other night! Ive been bitten by them and I cant say enough how much I recommend people steer clear of them!
  • I'm having the same problems with One Call Car Insurance, I've sent my documents and received 2 letters to say that they couldn't except my proof of no claims, driving licence OK. I emailed them straight away to say I had received their letters and would put my full renewal docs in the post to them.

I few days later I get an email to say they still haven't received proof of no claims!! What? So I emailed them back to say when I had sent them (for a second time) and included the details of my previous insurance company and policy number so that if they haven't got the hard copy then my other insurer would be able to vouch for my 9 years no claims. They emailed me back immediately to say they would contact them and let me know if they have any problems.

Once I read a number of complaints from customers saying they have experienced the same problems as me, I started to worry!!! I'm going to call them tomorrow as well and keep on their backs to make sure this gets sorted. I'm starting to bitterly regret not staying with my previous insurance company. A saving of £30 is nowhere near the hassle and stress. I'll update how I get on. :(
  • Youngman
    Youngman Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 18 December 2011 at 10:37PM
    I got scammed by One Call Insurance on the 6th December. I unwittingly found them through Quotezone whilst looking to take out car insurance for my wife. After spending 50 minutes on the phone to one of their salesmen I agreed to take out car insurance. When they emailed me the paperwork containing their terms I decided that I didn't like the iniquitous charges that we could be liable for so I cancelled. This was within two hours of of my telephone conversation with them. They told me in that I was now liable to be charged £49.00 because I cancelled. I pointed out that this was within 2 hours of speaking to them and also the insurance wasn't due to start until 17th December and I didn't like their written terms. After conversations with a supervisor and a manager they told me I could cancel but were adamant I would still be charged and that was the end of the matter. All the conversations were quite distressing because of their insistence on the £49 charge and hectoring tone used to let me know. I then received a letter telling me they would be taking the charge from my credit card and returning the change by cheque to me when they had received a return of premium from the insurance company. I immediately phoned the Financial Ombudsmen Service who within 3 days wrote to both me and One Call. Within a couple of days of receiving the letter I got a telephone call from One Call who's attitude was now conciliatory and helpful and after a couple of minutes told me my money would be returned on my credit card. So that's the way to deal with One Call Insurance whom I have no doubt have used this sharp practice to scam many other people.
  • Hi there,
    I too have been had by this company.
    I have received letters that have not dealt with the issues.
    I decided after spending 3 hours trying to get through to someone I gave up and wrote a letter cancelling my policy with the emailed documents attached. I was still within the 14 days cooling off period and the policy was not due to start until Jan 2012.
    I have only ever received email documents and they now are asking me for other documents I have never received including cover note.
    I have complained to the M.D and as yet I have not had a reply. I just want my money back which they took immediately even though the policy did not start until 2012. I now want a full refund but they say I have to return something I do not have before they will pay me back and will deduct £50 for cancelling.
    I have telephoned the Insurance Ombudsman and they are contacting them on my behalf.
    They are a complete mess and the staff haven't a clue what they are doing!!!!!
  • They know exactly what they are doing - this is how they make their money.
    £49.00 from everybody who cancels - what a good game!!!
  • Oh, this is interesting, a very current thread about One Call Insurance. So the OH came back this evening and said to me... "Just read this, I was going to sign it and send it back but I've just read it properly" - he's a !!!!!! for not doing that despite what I've told him a million times - He's had insurance with One Call for a year and it he renewed it because they actually decreased the premium (it became active yesterday), and from what I can gather they collect their premiums by direct debit via Creation Finance, he actually read the letter from creation finance properly today and it says... "Thank you for financing your insurance with One Call, we will take 36 monthly payments of £xx being 26 December 2011. THIRTY SIX!!! where they hell did they get that from??? Creation & One Call are shut now so he can't call them, but he's just reviewed the policy document he was sent via email and nowhere on it does it say that in order to get his premium lowered he has to sign up for 3 years. Anyone else experienced this?
  • in order to get his premium lowered he has to sign up for 3 years. Anyone else experienced this?

That's intereresting, are they saying you will get 3 years insurance for a price which is fixed now?

Raises a couple of questions.

Is it a 3 year policy?

What happens if there is an incident which affects the NCD in the first couple of years?

What happens if the car is written off, will the remaining years payments be collected as happens with some other insurers?
  • All the documentation sent by One Call suggests it's a one year policy.

The OH called them today & cancelled the policy for which they want to charge him for the privilege and which we (I, because it's me who will have to write the letter) will be contesting when they send the bill on the grounds that their documentation was misleading, he didn't receive the credit agreement until after the policy became active and as far as I know he's still within the 14 day cooling off period - can anyone confirm whether this runs from when you agree to take out the policy or from when the policy becomes active? - I told him to tell them when he spoke to them that he wouldn't be paying them anything but he didn't because he had to make the call from work and didn't have the time to get into a protracted argument about it. The car is now insured with someone else. The premium was higher but with a cashback option it works out at the same price, though he had to add my mum as a named driver in order to reduce the premium. (I don't drive).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback