Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Who & Where are You? > Local MoneySaving > England > Prom Help Please - Near Halifax, West Yorkshire (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Prom Help Please - Near Halifax, West Yorkshire
Closed Thread
Views: 1,681
# 1
SallyUK
Old 29-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Prom Help Please - Near Halifax, West Yorkshire

Hello Folks

My daughter has been looking around for a prom dress for her prom which is in June.

A lot of the places where she's been have dresses which are mainly size 6, 8, 10s and she's a 12/14. She has seen some she's liked on Ebay, but doesn't want to risk ordering from China and that's where she's seen ones that she likes. We've been round various places, but still nothing.

Has anyone got any good recommendatioons for where she can take a look. So far we've been in Cleckheaton, Halifax, Huddersfield, Ebay.

Also, I've contacted a few companies enquiring about hiring a fire engine for transport to the prom, but they've never got back to me.

Has anyone got any connections or good ideas for transport with a difference?

Thanks

Sal
xx
# 2
Mrs Arcanum
Old 29-04-2012, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyUK View Post
Hello Folks

My daughter has been looking around for a prom dress for her prom which is in June.

A lot of the places where she's been have dresses which are mainly size 6, 8, 10s and she's a 12/14. She has seen some she's liked on Ebay, but doesn't want to risk ordering from China and that's where she's seen ones that she likes. We've been round various places, but still nothing.

Has anyone got any good recommendatioons for where she can take a look. So far we've been in Cleckheaton, Halifax, Huddersfield, Ebay.

Also, I've contacted a few companies enquiring about hiring a fire engine for transport to the prom, but they've never got back to me.

Has anyone got any connections or good ideas for transport with a difference?

Thanks

Sal
xx
Is the competition for the wackiest form of transport? If so how about a ride on mower (just thought of this for DD).

Also as for dresses BHS could be worth a look (got DD one from here in the sale but she is XS). boohoo website has very reasonably priced dresses.
"You can't go around building a better world for people. Only people can build a better world for people. Otherwise it's just a cage." - Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad
Unless backed up by a link, my comments are just my opinion.
Less than 10,000 debt milestone reached.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Arcanum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
kingfisherblue
Old 03-05-2012, 10:56 AM

My daughter's prom dress came from TKMaxx and only cost 20. They only had one in the shop, so that reduced he risk of another girl getting the same dress (no one did).

She later had it shortened so she could still wear it - that cost another 10. It's a lovely dress and is a size 14.
The Following User Says Thank You to kingfisherblue For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Amishwannabee
Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I would look at private sellers on Ebay and also try Gumtree for your area or nearby as there are loads of former prom attendees selling their dresses at the mo for a fraction of original price in many cases. Good luck.
# 5
jemb
Old 21-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

There is the new dress shop in Shelf?
Married the lovely Mr P 28th April 2012. Little P born 29th jan
Closed Thread