Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• m_i
    m_i Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    I received a cinema code today and the fee was £1

Has anyone else noticed that SFF are now charging to go to the cinema?

Last year members received an email to say that they would charge £1 for events at the theatre or music venues

But has anyone noticed that they are charging more - up to £2.50 depending on how popular they think an event will be

I am not complaining about receiving invites to see Mary J Blige for £2.50 but last year these events were free and now the £1 fee they told us they would be charging is creeping up

Please add this to the correct thread / page if I have posted on the wrong one
    Nice to save.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    They are doing this fee occasionally for specific screenings.

It's not mainstream for all films, yet!
  • SpreadPyar
    Options
    They are for theatre show or something like comedy shows I have never seen them charging for film previews.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    It might be depending on the venue. So if it is somewhere like Lowry in Manchester, they might be charging it.
    ally.
  • Loz
    Loz Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can someone please post a link to codes only thread? Thank you!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Loz wrote: »
    Can someone please post a link to codes only thread? Thank you!

Its here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4071029

If you cant ever find it, there is a link in the sticky at the top of the forum.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Loz
    Loz Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Its here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4071029

If you cant ever find it, there is a link in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Sorry going around in circles here! Can usually find it without a prob. Anyway, just to say that free tix available for A United Kingdom for Times+ subscribers if someone wants to post the link - thanks :)
    http://www.mytimesplus.co.uk/events/exclusive-preview-screenings-of-a-united-kingdom
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Loz wrote: »
    Sorry going around in circles here! Can usually find it without a prob. Anyway, just to say that free tix available for A United Kingdom for Times+ subscribers if someone wants to post the link - thanks :)
    http://www.mytimesplus.co.uk/events/exclusive-preview-screenings-of-a-united-kingdom

Posted on the codes thread for you.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I don't really understand where people get all these codes from - I have been with SFF for a long time and never got anything from them directly for movies (odd concerts and plays are sent). Allied code posted on the thread and it was not available in Manchester for me - even though post said it is. I'm confused really how SFF works!
    ally.
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    I don't really understand where people get all these codes from - I have been with SFF for a long time and never got anything from them directly for movies (odd concerts and plays are sent). Allied code posted on the thread and it was not available in Manchester for me - even though post said it is. I'm confused really how SFF works!

Same here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport