Bindeez recalled

Comments

• :confused::confused::confused: Strange but both Toys R US and Argos websites won't bring up any Bindeez sets - can someone re-confirm. It looks like they have been taken off their websites!!
  • Boots.com too!
  • :rolleyes: ah I see, just read this from the Telegraph article:

Character Group, which is listed on London's Aim, said: "Character Group believes that its stock of Bindeez products conforms to UK safety regulations.
    "However, the group has, as a precautionary safety measure, instructed an independent test laboratory and a EU toxicologist to immediately test and analyse the chemical composition of representative samples of the group's Bindeez stocks in order to fully satisfy as to their safety."
    In the meantime, the group has recommended all its customers to remove Bindeez products from their shelves. If the test results confirm fears, the group said it would immediately take steps to address the position.
  • teddy69
    teddy69 Posts: 248 Forumite
    If you ring Character Online on 0161 633 9808 they will take your details down and send you a new safe batch of beads to replace the ones you have to throw away. Its very simple and they don't ask you to prove how many you have - well they didn't with me.

As far the new ones here's the blurb ... "As well as conforming to the original approved formula, the new beads will have an additional safety feature. They will be covered with Bitrex which is a safe solution which on contact with the mouth leaves an extremely bitter taste that is designed to dissuade children from placing the product in their mouth. (This is very similar to the product used to discourage nail biting)."

http://www.character-online.com/bindeez-QA/
  • Thanks teddy for the phone number, I have twins and in my loft two of the bindeez sets from woolworths with 2500 beads in each put away for christmas, they also both have the normal set from argos with 800 beads half used. I just phoned up and they are sending replacement beads for all of them and didnt ask for confirmation, though I did offer. They will be here in the next 7 to 14 days.
    If you want the rainbow you have to go through the rain.

DMP start jan 2012 hopefull finish march 2020

Weight to loose 49lbs done of 91lbs finally sat in a pair of size 14 jeans and top for the first time in 14 years :j
  • YOUNGE1
    YOUNGE1 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Hi

Phones are constantly engaged, but you can contact them by email:
    http://www.character-online.com/contact-us/
  • shazspice
    shazspice Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought one of these for my niece for her birthday next week. Can i take it back to argos as there is no point in me waiting till december for the replacement.
    How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard - Winnie the Pooh
  • shazspice wrote: »
    I bought one of these for my niece for her birthday next week. Can i take it back to argos as there is no point in me waiting till december for the replacement.

If its unopened and you have proof of payment then just take it back and say you have changed your mind, or she already has one.
    If you want the rainbow you have to go through the rain.

DMP start jan 2012 hopefull finish march 2020

Weight to loose 49lbs done of 91lbs finally sat in a pair of size 14 jeans and top for the first time in 14 years :j
  • i've just rang and my new beads will be here in 7-10 days
    Thanks alot for the info, i've bought one of the super deluxe centres for my neice for xmas.

teresa
    April wins: Kids book, sports drink bundle, Dr Who alarm clock/book light
  • shazspice
    shazspice Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If its unopened and you have proof of payment then just take it back and say you have changed your mind, or she already has one.

It hasn't been opened but i can't find the receipt anywhere. Will they refund/exchange without a receipt?
    How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard - Winnie the Pooh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure