DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Hi everyone.

I've started the new Part 9 thread, but moved the last page or two of the previous thread over to this one, so that it's easier for people to keep up and reply to recent posts on this thread. (hope that makes sense).

Anyway, good luck with the DMPs and keep supporting each other so well. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Mossop01
    Mossop01 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Hi all, well the letters have started to come in thick and fast! Barclaycard are saying they have had correspondance from me but not stepchange, bit worried about that one, until they hear from them with a plan then interest and charges are frozen, however just got my statement snd interest and charges have been added?! Left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing i presume? Still hate the postman coming, knew the calm before the storm was too good to be true. Just wish we could skip a few months ahead when things are mote settled. Good luck everyone!
    LBM Dec 2012 total debt 33,889 :eek:dmp started March 2013 DFD Dec 2024
    Nov 2015 balance £22,679 going in the right direction!!
    Onwards n upwards!:T
  • Subscribing :cool:

Onwards and upwards!
  • fermi wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I've started the new Part 9 thread, but moved the last page or two of the previous thread over to this one, so that it's easier for people to keep up and reply to recent posts on this thread. (hope that makes sense).

Anyway, good luck with the DMPs and keep supporting each other so well. :)

Thanks Fermi, much appreciated

HHx
  • Mossop01 wrote: »
    Hi all, well the letters have started to come in thick and fast! Barclaycard are saying they have had correspondance from me but not stepchange, bit worried about that one, until they hear from them with a plan then interest and charges are frozen, however just got my statement snd interest and charges have been added?! Left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing i presume? Still hate the postman coming, knew the calm before the storm was too good to be true. Just wish we could skip a few months ahead when things are mote settled. Good luck everyone!

Keep strong. It really does settle, just keep a good log of everything and try to do contact in writing so if you do have cause to look back or complain the information is clear and usable.

HHx
  • Subscribing :cool:

Onwards and upwards!

Welcome t the thread.

Interesting user name! Mrs TTFTM has been known to be sent to sit on the naughty step. :rotfl:

HHx
  • I had Hellifax statement and no extra interest applied since small DMP reduction so static at 14.9%. Not ideal, could be worse, could be at M&S level.

Always look on the bright side of life, lalalalala!

HHx
  • Hello All,
    Currently ebaying, free to list this weekend if anyone is interested in selling stuff to help with the DFD!

I have a load of books that are brand new, do you think I can find them? Nope!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

x
    DFD 1st January 2016
    Total Debt £4600 01/01/2013
    £4100 15/11/2013 01/11/15 £0 :j
  • patator
    patator Posts: 62 Forumite
    *subscribed* :D

I just had my first letter today - MBNA accepting the offer from StepChange and agreeing to freeze my interest. Oh, MBNA, I do love you (for the first time in a couple of years). Now, if everybody else would just do the same...

My DFD is 6 years and 4 months (beginning from 1st March 2013)...I'm selling the contents of my house to try to bring that down faster. Still hanging on to that £450 I have set aside to pay off a priority debt, as I'm applying to an energy trust to see if they'll help out. If they can do some and I can clear the rest, fast, it'd mean I can start paying more to creditors MUCH sooner than anticipated. Fingers crossed! I want to start dragging that DFD towards me like Bruce Almighty with the moon :p. I'll be taking advantage of the free listings on eBay this weekend, that's for sure.

In other news, I've been for the meeting to discuss my vocation (went very well) and I've found that there should be plenty of time in the interim to go back into good ol' paid employment. Dropped off an application for the PERFECT job yesterday. Closing date is Wednesday...more crossed fingers would be appreciated!

Hope you're all having good, happy and relaxed days!
  • dmb_2
    dmb_2 Posts: 330 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the max allowances are for basic stuff like petrol etc that Stepchange use. I know food is £340 (I think) Are these standard or does it depend on income.

Enjoy the weekend folks
    DeeBee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family