Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey @GADGET29,

I have just spoken to our claims team who speak with members regarding their claims. They have confirmed you can find this in your order confirmation email.

I would like to make clear that this is not a barrier, without it your claim has no chance of success. It would be wrong of us to submit claims knowing the outcome would be not positive.

If you still have issues locating this I would ask you to speak to the merchant directly.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • swinstan
    swinstan Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    After a six month wait for TCB to honour cashback from Currys, they have offered a settlement payment for £5 less than I had expected. It looks like Currys are still disputing since it wasn't for the exact amount, so thank you TCB for persevering with this and paying me anyway.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Away from the financials for a while! :p

I'm looking at Owners Direct on TCB and the reviews are horrendous.
    Even at the TCB default setting of 'Highest Star Ratings', the best is a 1* rating!

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/owners-direct-holiday-rentals/reviews/1

@TCB
    Is there a definite issue with this merchant? If yes, why have they been allowed to continue being promoted?
    What are the stats regarding payments and or / claims?
    My interest would be in booking accommodation, rather than listing.

Has any member received their cashback?
    Holding back for clarity, but if they are honest and reliable, I'd make a booking.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hey Everyone,

@swinstan - I am sorry you had issues with the claim but I am pleased our team could help you.

@B_M - The reviews, you may have noticed are mainly from a couple of years ago. I've just had a close look at the merchant stats and payments. I am very pleased to inform you that the success rate is fantastically high - indeed much higher that the average.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I been looking at my stats on TCB and 1/3 of all cashback i weas entitled too got declined, quite appaulling stats really.
    They are still making me wait for my SKY cashback which got confirmed ages ago too.
    I do wonder now if cashback sites are worth the hassle as i find far superior deals by contacted merchants direct.
    Hey legendkiller2k8,

Sky normally pay within 3 months of the transaction date. If this has passed I will happily look into it if you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • Hey legendkiller2k8,

Sky normally pay within 3 months of the transaction date. If this has passed I will happily look into it if you email me at [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thanks Matt for the prompt reply still 12 days to go until 3 month mark as transaction was 28th feb 2017 so hopefully it'll go payable anytime now.
    Hey legendkiller2k8,

If this doesn't progress please do drop me an email so I can look into this.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!

@B_M - The reviews, you may have noticed are mainly from a couple of years ago. I've just had a close look at the merchant stats and payments. I am very pleased to inform you that the success rate is fantastically high - indeed much higher that the average.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thank you for that Matt and apologies for a late reply.
    Does the cashback only track for for immediate online bookings? Some of the listing and the one I'm looking at states you have to make contact with the owner first. I'm not too sure if you can then book online if your dates are confirmed? A bit of an awkward situation, so would you have to link through from TCB twice in the above scenario? Once to request and confirm dates and again when paying?

TIA
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • washable
    washable Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Topcashback still no payment of my Nationwide cashback. I am moving this on to higher circles who can see what the problem is.
    Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure