The best student mobile phone deals?

Options

Comments

• eco21
    eco21 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    The Ornge student deal is by far the best, so it with you Dad bigbadrob,

If you take the £25 a month one, you while get 120 mins, plus an extra 60 mins, which gves you 180 mins, 1000 texts which is worth £100 a month, a k750i for free and if you hand back any old phone as long as it works, you can get an extra £50 of you bills, average that saving over the year, means the tariff si £20.80p or the like.

If you doint want the extra family minutes, you can do a refer a friend where your friwend gets £25 and you get £50, this means that do this, and hand in an old phone, if you take the £30 a month tariff, of 200mins and 1000 texts, you will be getting £100 cashback, so that works out as nearly £8.50 a month off meaning your bill for 200 mins would be £21.50 and your dad will get £25 off his bill (brownie points)

I know you dont want to pay more than £20 but surely for an extra80p or £1 odd, an extra 500texts and more minutes would be a worthwhile expensive

The K750i would be free aswell
  • barginboyrob
    Options
    i rang orange and they said they don't do family deals with students, though i didn't specifically ask, are you sure this is true?
  • phatspider
    Options
    Stu_Dent wrote:
    What do you think is better....

1)Sim Online Off peak - £20.00 - 600 Offpeak minutes -1000 texts SIM ONLY

or

2)£19 - 50 minutes anytime - 500 texts - with brand new phone (not that i need one)

The question for me is whether id like the option to phone home during the evenings (off peak) so take option 1 or if id like to get a new phone and sell that on.

Thoughts?

What about 1000 off peak and 1000 texts for £20

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPayMonthlySims
  • phatspider
    Options
    Hi, i was just wondering what the best student (or any) mobile phones deals are.
    I know that orange offer 1000 free texts a month and 120mins for £25, but i am only looking to spend max £20 (as i can use my PC to call home anyway ;) )

I will need alot of texts and calls during peak times to other mobile networks?

Thanks for you help!

oh, and i also want a good phone, like the k750i

Unlimited free text and pic messages through voda

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.studentoffers&WT.mc_id=BAN-17-08-2005-B002
  • freebie_lover_4
    Options
    i wonder if anyone can help me...i graduated this summer and therefore no longer have a valid NUS card. I am looking for a new contract, and think orange student is the best one around. has anyone signed up to this deal online?! If so, do you only have to input your NUS number, or do they require you to send proof of your NUS card?
    I think my NUS number will still work online, but don't want to sign up to the contract, for it to be cancelled when they ask for proof.
    Thanks.
    best things in life are free!!
  • nikkif_3
    nikkif_3 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    I have just taken up the Vodafone student deal, I didn't do it through the website or shop though, I did it through Vodafone direct on 08000686560, I pay £25 a month and have 125 unlimited minutes on stop the clock and unlimited text and picture messages, I had the sony ericsson w800i which I paid £20 for, but you could ask for any phone you want and they will give you the price, some phones give you a cheaper package, the good thing doing it this way is you dont have to have just a 3G phone, also the sony ericsson they offer on their website is only £20 a month with Vodafone direct, not £25 like on their website! I dont think you can beat this package if its text messages you want, and stop the clock is a plus as well! Also if you recommend a friend you get £50! I'm not sure if this was a one off thing as my dad was already with them, but its worth a try if anyone is interested!
  • Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    Options
    i wonder if anyone can help me...i graduated this summer and therefore no longer have a valid NUS card. I am looking for a new contract, and think orange student is the best one around. has anyone signed up to this deal online?! If so, do you only have to input your NUS number, or do they require you to send proof of your NUS card?
    I think my NUS number will still work online, but don't want to sign up to the contract, for it to be cancelled when they ask for proof.
    Thanks.

i wasnt even asked for my NUS number when i did telesales, and i have two student contract phoneso n orange!
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • Karnam
    Options
    i rang orange and they said they don't do family deals with students, though i didn't specifically ask, are you sure this is true?

yes the orange lady in the shop said i could do this if i wanted to but i declined.
  • nikkif_3
    nikkif_3 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    i wasnt asked for my NUS number but some mobile companies will accept a UCAS number!
  • Karnam
    Options
    I have two student contracts on Orange (one for me one for the sister, and yes we are both students)

1) 120 xnet anytime mins, 1000 texts, 50% off landline calls, £50 credit at start of contract. I got the V3 for free as my contract is £25 a month. I got this through rententions by threatening to leave orange for other student packages.

2) 1000 xnet off peak mins, 1000 texts, 50% off landline calls and £50 credit at start of contract. My sister chose the new Pebl and got that for free her bill is £25 a month. We got this in the Orange shop, as retentions wouldnt give her anything good so she opened a new contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport