Clean Fund history...?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

With the introduction of clean fund classes (and especially when the dirty fund classes go away in a couple of years) will the fund historical performance become increasingly hard to find?

It seems like a new clean class only has a year or so of performance history (on the tools that I have looked at) even though it is based on a dirty fund with decades of history.

Comments

• Totton
    Totton Posts: 981 Forumite
    12 months before you start to get historical data, that's the rule afaik.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just look up the dirty version for 5 year trends (as long as the manager has not changed!) they are after all the same funds, with a small correction for the difference in acc. I assume a good site will keep the data for some years yet?
  • I do wonder if they will keep those charts available after all funds have migrated.

Also, I like to check 10yr+ performance....
  • An example of the problems this will cause: I enetered my portfolio into the Trustnet portfolio tool, and it cannot provide a past performance chart for clean funds (and hence portfolio total) before mid-2013. This will get worse as more funds are migrated.

Grrr
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I do wonder if they will keep those charts available after all funds have migrated.

For reference, many clean funds have been running years. Just because a certain fund platform or certain fund houses are late to the game in changing over, doesn't mean these are all new. Retail funds are not being closed either. They will continue to exist for a very long time.

Most of the professional fund analysis/reporting tools are capable of utilising the main fund data and some can even adjust the pricing to reflect the true costs. So, it is possible that the free software tools may start to include that going at some point.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure