Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Comments

• Flat_Eric wrote: »
    I did visit the local haberdashery shop – they sell a small limited range of cross stitch but the prices were just :eek: I can't see how it would survive. I don't mean to be harsh when I say that but I found myself wanting to leave the shop and so didn't look round properly because everything I looked at was outside of my budget and just appeared overpriced :( I would much rather give my business to sew and so even if it meant waiting a day or two.

I have a shop like this at the end of my road!! It's been there decades and sells lots of bits but is really overpriced... I would love to support my lns bit can not justify when online is sooo much cheaper. Still go and have a look occasionally but always resent having spent more than needed. Often feel tempted to start my own lns as I am convinced I could undercut them on EVERYTHING.. but that would be just mean, they have been a family business there since I was a kid. I was glad to see they had branched out to ebay but even then they are overpriced.
  • laura - great progress on Arc and love the little card.

No stitching from me for the last couple of days. :(

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    *Louise* wrote: »
    Not always years though - depends on how much you love the design. My fastest was 9 months for a full sized design, but it was a labour of love.
    Funny thing is, I looked at it the other day and thought 'I just wouldn't stitch that now' and wonder how I managed it :eek: :rotfl:

Louise, I think we all know by now that nine months for you *is* years for the rest of us :rotfl:
  • Mags_cat
    I found another, slightly larger frame on the way home which fits the owl much better (whaaaaat? I go past the Bull Ring on my way to the bus, what can I say?!). So I'll be returning the first one tomorrow :D

So here's my little owl :

8094319401_1aa2cac3b4_m.jpg
    Little blackwork owl by Mags_cat, on Flickr

And here's a close up :

8094318489_ce198528d9_m.jpg
    Blackwork owl close up by Mags_cat, on Flickr

I think my friends are going to love him :)
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Really cute mags. He looks great in the browns :)
  • LOVE the blackwork owl mags_cat, so lovely in the colours you have done, it has been on my eBay watch list for ages!!

LOVE Noahs Ark Laura2481, I might have to look it up it looks like it would be quite nice to stitch with all the lovely colours.

I'm in sulk mode tonight... I turned up for my exam at 1pm and that was the FINISH time of the exam, not the start time. I'll just have to plead to be allowed to do the resit in April, not much else I can do now. I feel like a right idiot! Comforting myself with online craft shopping and cake followed by a couple of hours on Calendar Bears methinks. Hope everyone else had a better Tuesday (Flat Eric sorry to hear your day trip was not as good as you hoped!)
    OU Student! - ED209, SDK125, DSE212, SK124, DSE141, SD226, DXR222, DD303, DD307 = BSc Psychology
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Mags_cat wrote: »

8094319401_1aa2cac3b4_m.jpg
    Little blackwork owl by Mags_cat, on Flickr

I think my friends are going to love him :)

Oh I think they will :D

It's gorgeous, I love the colour changes......and why can I never find nice square frames like your one!!
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • Mags_cat
    *Louise* wrote: »
    Oh I think they will :D

It's gorgeous, I love the colour changes......and why can I never find nice square frames like your one!!

£6 from BHS!
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Ladies.

Laura. Love the birthday card! Noahs Ark is coming along great.

Mags. Nice owl!

I think I found a pic of the fairy lights I was asking about earlier, is it these? http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofxs/8074019032/
    In the mag do you get the whole alphabet in issue 196 or is it a 'collect a few each month' type thing?
    If I have the right pic I really like them and along with the MP cottage they are enough to make me buy the mag when next in MrT.

Thanks
  • shelly wrote: »
    Hi Ladies.

Laura. Love the birthday card! Noahs Ark is coming along great.

Mags. Nice owl!

I think I found a pic of the fairy lights I was asking about earlier, is it these? http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofxs/8074019032/
    In the mag do you get the whole alphabet in issue 196 or is it a 'collect a few each month' type thing?
    If I have the right pic I really like them and along with the MP cottage they are enough to make me buy the mag when next in MrT.

Thanks

The whole alphabet
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family