Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Options

Comments

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi ladies.

Wondering if any of you with this months WOXS could please post a pic of the Fairy Lights? I had a quick look at the mag when shopping and could see the MP cottage on the front cover but as it's in a bag I couldn't flick through it to see the lights. From your reviews I'm interested in seeing the lights before buying the mag.

I'm hopefully putting in a thread and fabric order soon for the Bird table design and the snowglobes so if the lights are my kind of thing I could order the stash for those too.

Thanks
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

pap- that London piece is really coming along :T

sk00bie - your ittle stocking is looking cute, look forward to seeing it finished. I keep meaning to stitch something on plastic canvas I have upstairs but never get round to it.

***OFF TOPIC***

Slightly annoyed at the Disney site - I had a 20% on £60 spend (MVCSAVE20) that I was trying to use last night, everything was fine until I tried to process payment and the site just froze. :mad: tried again just now and after about 3 more attempts it finally processed on my Mastercard (no other options would work) Need to remember and transfer money back on to that card now.
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    *Louise* wrote: »

October2012003.jpg

Christmas Cupcakes. I was going to get a double aperture frame or do a third cupcake but after I saw these IKEA frames a few weeks ago for £2.75 I thought I might as well have them all individual:

October2012006.jpg

And while I had the stuff out, I mounted a couple of cards with the stuff from cross stitch heaven last week. Still need to finish them off but the complicated part is done :)

October2012004.jpg

So overall, a good stitchy day for me today :D

Well done on you completed works Louise. And, seeing as multi quote seems to have let me down, I was also going to say your Dr Who pics were great too, especially for a big Dr Who fan :)

Mags_cat wrote: »
    Just need to find a frame for him. Never done blackwork before, it was surprisingly fast. I filled in his feathers with browns and taupe so maybe I should call him a brown work owl? Will take a shot tomorrow, he's just drying out after being washed.

Oooh, could we have a pic of what he looks like in the browns, once he's dried? :)
    leemina12 wrote: »
    So, i've posted about the cross stitch magazine apps, am really enjoying them on the ipad, and now hubby's got an app that will let me print wirelessly, hurrah. Can enlarge on the ipad and screenshot the enlarged pattern so even better. Am sooooo happy.

That's great! :D

Also , I think someone said could they steal my teacup pincushion idea- I think it was Maria? Darn multiquote lost that quote... anyways, go ahead! That why I put up distructions :D I've thought a bit more and I'm sure I used gel superglue to stick the teacup, saucer and side plate together. I use Wilkos Gel Superglue as it is very good and loads cheaper than the named brand. I never use liquid superglue anymore as you can control where it goes so much better with gel.

Also, can some please tellme what a HAED is? I just can't figure it out! :o:p
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My stitching update:

Did a very quick simple Bday card for a friend last night. The cupckae is a badge she can take off and keep.

2012-10-16114331.jpg

Noahs Ark update;

This is where i was:
    2012-09-21204910_zps3db6013c.jpg

And then I did this:

2012-10-07123231.jpg

ANd now I'm here:

2012-10-16114558-1.jpg

Did some of the backstitch on the animals as I didn't want to leave it all to the end and then it would be a big chore!

ALso, just ordered this chart LINK
    It appears to be a discontinued chart so I thought I should get it while I could.
  • Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    laura2481 wrote: »
    Oooh, could we have a pic of what he looks like in the browns, once he's dried? :)

Also, can some please tellme what a HAED is? I just can't figure it out! :o:p

I found a frame at lunchtime today - it might be a tight squeeze, but I think he'll just fit. I will take a picture when I get home.

HAED = Heaven and Earth Designs. Also known as "Those huge, many coloured, super detailed designs that take years!"
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I found a frame at lunchtime today - it might be a tight squeeze, but I think he'll just fit. I will take a picture when I get home.

HAED = Heaven and Earth Designs. Also known as "Those huge, many coloured, super detailed designs that take years!"

Ah, thanks, that has been puxzeling me for a while. :p Oh, and whilst I am feeling in the mmod to be educated.. what is a confetti stitch? :o
  • *Louise*
    Options
    Mags - I look forward to seeing your Owl in brown, what a good idea :D

Did a very quick simple Bday card for a friend last night. The cupckae is a badge she can take off and keep.

2012-10-16114331.jpg

Noah's Ark is looking great, I tend to do the backstitch as I go along as well, I like to see the design develop, I don't think I could face leaving it all until the end, unless it was on a very small design.

I LOVE your birthday card. Simple yet effective, I will need to keep an eye out for some little badges now lol :T:T

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Not always years though - depends on how much you love the design. My fastest was 9 months for a full sized design, but it was a labour of love.
    Funny thing is, I looked at it the other day and thought 'I just wouldn't stitch that now' and wonder how I managed it :eek: :rotfl:
    Ah, thanks, that has been puxzeling me for a while. :p Oh, and whilst I am feeling in the mmod to be educated.. what is a confetti stitch? :o

Rather than having large areas with one colour of thread, confetti is where the colours are scattered/mixed and you have to do individual stitches to fill an area .
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    confetti stitch is when stitches of the same colour are scattered over an area i believe. if im wrong im sure someone will pop along to give you the correct definition

laura love the badge card idea, very nice
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    confetti stitch is when stitches of the same colour are scattered over an area i believe. if im wrong im sure someone will pop along to give you the correct definition

laura love the badge card idea, very nice

Sounds like it could be a bit of a pain :)

The badge was actually a charity pin badge. Marie Curie I think, or possibly Macmillan Nurse. So in effect, it is also a charity card :)
  • *Louise*
    Options

The badge was actually a charity pin badge. Marie Curie I think, or possibly Macmillan Nurse. So in effect, it is also a charity card :)

What sort of back is n it? I imagine the standard pin and clip (iyswim?) back wouldn't work for a card and it would have to be more of a brooch style fastening?

Ohhh I just thought - those little guardian angel style pins you can get would make nice cards?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure