PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• Hi please could I join.

I currently weigh 11 stone and this has been static through out 2012 so at least it hasn't gone up.

Over all I would like to get down to 9 stone but due to both mobility and metabolism issues loosing weight is a struggle and the fact I'm a lazy mare who enjoys her food :rotfl: for the challenge I'm aiming to loose 4 pound.

Start weight 11 Stone
    aim to loose 4 lb

Is there a list of challengers and their aims? if so please could some one direct me to it, thanks

Hi there Baileys Babe,

If you look at post 5872 you will see the last list posted by the lovely Dragon, hth.
  • rhcp
    rhcp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Day 1 and I am already 12 pounds lighter............

..........£12.49 to be exact ;). I decided to buy some new scales to keep an accurate reading.

My starting weight is 14st 7lbs.

Good luck to everyone on the challenge. Hope you all achieve your goals.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Rossy2692 wrote: »
    Can i just thank Dragon for doing this thread and keeping it updated :)
    Me too!!! Thank you:T:T:T

Me three :D, thank you for all your hard work dear Dragon, we're such a straggly lot to keep in order! :)
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    itsmecathy wrote: »
    Hello all. PLEASE can I join?

I want to lose 14 pounds

This challenge is great for meas iwant to get back to healthy cooking and save money st the same time. Plus i go away for easter and want to be able to fit in last years summer clothes.

Sorry for the terrible typing, on my ace new tablet and not yet worked out what i am doing.
    Hi please could I join.

I currently weigh 11 stone and this has been static through out 2012 so at least it hasn't gone up.

Over all I would like to get down to 9 stone but due to both mobility and metabolism issues loosing weight is a struggle and the fact I'm a lazy mare who enjoys her food :rotfl: for the challenge I'm aiming to loose 4 pound.

Start weight 11 Stone
    aim to loose 4 lb

Is there a list of challengers and their aims? if so please could some one direct me to it, thanks

Got all three of you added to the challenge (now taking us to over 700 pounds to lose between us :eek::eek:)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • The_Dragon
    and awwww shucks! :o:o:o:o:o - this Green Dragon has gone all pink 'cos of compliments :rotfl:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,864 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you Dragon for your hard work keeping us in check :A

We have friends for dinner tonight, so I've tried to be good today:

B - cinnamon micro oats, ss milk
    L - hm lo veg chilli
    S - packet of quavers, 2 x mini milky bar

Dinner tonight is roasted pork belly (:naughty:), mash, roasted veg and leeks. I have made a pavlova and a strawberry and almond crumble for pud. There will also be drinking involved ;)

Good job weigh day isn't tomorrow :o

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • The_Dragon
    Here's the list again just to give us some starting ooomph! (and we want to lose 706 lb (which is about the same as a Jersey Cow! :eek::eek:)
    louby40 – 10
    Dragon – 4
    Sezzagirl – 7
    WelshWoofer – 7
    Sparrer – 7
    Soundgirlrocks – 24
    Molly41 – 14
    couldsavemore – 14
    ellie99 – 8
    sjprmc01 – 28
    LavenderBees – 10
    Coxy11 – 7
    MrsCD – 7
    SMITHYCAT – 14
    Newbie Here – 14
    ruby_eskimo – 14
    slowlyfading – 10
    Need2bthrifty – 7
    storytime – 24
    Mrs_T_M – 20
    hamish222 – 21
    calleyw – 7
    Mrs Veg Plot – 10
    misspiggy87 – 7
    MrsRogers – 21
    Maisie Moo – 10
    missrlr – 6
    daisiegg – 12
    JBD – 11
    lobbyludd – 12
    Run Rabbit – 21
    Jumps – 28
    jovi20 – 21
    narabanekeater – 14
    northwest1965 – 10
    Kittenkirst – 14
    Sarah2011 – 14
    Alipot – 12
    Rossy2692 – 14
    harrybear_1988 – 12
    MrsM1982 – 21
    gresleyrover – 14
    VALM – 8
    Skint yet Again – 7
    camNolliesMUMMY – 8
    jaxjax123 – 6
    MaddyWaddy – 25
    Chopper5 – 14
    hermyam – 24
    rhcp – 24
    itsmecathy – 14
    suffolkpumpkin – 10
    Baileys Babe – 4

0st 0lb
  • Yesterday not quite according to plan :o not a good start but better day today

b - 1 crumpet and butter
    l - instant noodles
    d - gammon, jacket potato, tinned sweetcorn

exercise - hoovering, washing down all woodwork skirtings etc, up and down stairs lots of times moving boxes upstairs

Have a friend coming round this evening who is splitting up with her OH so I think copious amounts of wine may be involved ;)

Will be going shopping on monday so there will be more fruit and veg
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Sneaks back... Ok so last year was a bit of a mess stress wise resulting in well let's just say starting weight 12 stone 8 1/2 pounds. Bah humbug. So first target is 9 pounds to get back under 12 stone. See you tomoz
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Starting weight: 9st 10lbs
    Target loss: 7lbs

So I stayed in work late again last night and at about 5.30 got myself in a right little strop about it....this resulted in a cup of tea and about 7 chocs out of our work kitchen. Get this - the chocs were brought in by a guy in our office as Christmas leftovers - he said they had too much in their house and nobody wanted them.
    WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? AND WHY AM I NOT ONE OF THEM??

Today I've been good. Walked to Morrisons and Sainsburys to get some of their deals, which was a 5 mile walk. Will make hm chicken tikka and rice for dinner and try not to snack afterwards. Evening snacking is by far my worst habit.

This forum is great - all your posts are helping to keep me going :grin:
    And you're all quite mad! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family