Diary of a spendy cow

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning :D

First payday of the new job :j

I only did a four day week last week, so my wages were £267.62 (I need to call HMRC though because although NI has come off, there's been no tax deducted. I gave up after being on the phone for 15 minutes last night.)

This morning I've allocated that:

£172 for bills
    £40 for food
    £25 to the car fund
    £20 for me till next week
    £10.67 to my ISA

I decided not to pay in to the birthday fund this week as I have £124 in there and Mr Fresian's birthday is the next one (on Saturday). After that I don't have a lot of them so I can start building the fund back up. He wants a new computer chair, so he's got about £100 to spend. Does anyone have any recommendations of places to try? We were in Staples last night but didn't see anything too exciting...
  • tomtombeanie
    tomtombeanie Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mooomin wrote: »
    Good morning :D

First payday of the new job :j

I only did a four day week last week, so my wages were £267.62 (I need to call HMRC though because although NI has come off, there's been no tax deducted. I gave up after being on the phone for 15 minutes last night.)

This morning I've allocated that:

£172 for bills
    £40 for food
    £25 to the car fund
    £20 for me till next week
    £10.67 to my ISA

I decided not to pay in to the birthday fund this week as I have £124 in there and Mr Fresian's birthday is the next one (on Saturday). After that I don't have a lot of them so I can start building the fund back up. He wants a new computer chair, so he's got about £100 to spend. Does anyone have any recommendations of places to try? We were in Staples last night but didn't see anything too exciting...

We got a nice one from ikea, not one of the cheapy ones - this one is quite posh looking!

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80196814/#/20196812

For some reason this link takes you to the beige one, which is not so nice. It's the black one for £60 that we have :)
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Mooo - try emailing HMRC - they're pretty good at sorting things via email I've found, and time spent hanging on the phone to them is just hours you'll never get back, in my view! Also means you have a written record of what you've said, and what they've said, of course... (Cynical? Moi? :D)

How long did your Nectar points take to land from the train companies? NONE of mine have appeared....
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • mooomin
    Thanks EH - I'll try and source an email address!

My points aren't showing yet :(
  • We got a nice one from ikea, not one of the cheapy ones - this one is quite posh looking!

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80196814/#/20196812

For some reason this link takes you to the beige one, which is not so nice. It's the black one for £60 that we have :)

Wurs is very similar too and I was going to say 'the swedish shop'

:D

Although we got ours from a second hand place for £15 but then again I'm a tight wad.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • mooomin
    I would happily get him a second hand one, but he's got rotten back problems since a car accident a couple of years ago, so I think he needs something new and ideally with lumbar support :D
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Glad I'm not the only one with the points not showing...let's hope they're not going to be fiends and only give us 200 points for the first registration eh!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    mooomin wrote: »
    My Nectar points are at 5020/£25.10 and I won 100 points this morning as they have a bingo game on their main page. Worth checking it out!

Took me a while to find that game! But played and also won 100 points! Thank you :T
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • mooomin
    Morning all :D

It's a busy day here today at Mooo Towers. It's Mr Mooo's birthday and we're off out to lunch and dinner with assorted family members. Somehow I also have to fit in Fat Club and the food shopping (!)

Still no sign of the Nectar points, but I'm not too worried. If they show up - great - if not, then I already had 200 from one of the companies and my card is linked for future purchases. I'm up to 77 on my Adpoints this week, which is huge for me, normally it's about 50 ;)

My mortgage payment has hit my account this morning and it's under the next £1000 :j Even the interest that goes on at the end of the month won't take it back over! I've overpaid £145.77 this year, which isn't a huge amount, but helps a little. The £20 standing order is barely noticeable when it comes from my account.

Hope you all have a lovely day ♥
  • tomtombeanie
    tomtombeanie Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy birthday to Mr Mooo from me, a birthday twin :)

Hope you have a great day, we are off for a meal out later to celebrate. I will enjoy this year more than last, as it was the dread 4-0. 41 is fine, though ;)
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family