The most random phone call ever! - Scotcall

2»

Comments

• matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 12 April 2014 at 2:32PM
    Indeed haha :D

I know some DCAs can be barstools but I don't see anything wrong with simply requesting back monies owed. Misrepresenting the legal position is definitely wrong though.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • How can you say you are debt free if there's a chance you do owe this money? Are there other old debts hanging around too? Just because it's not legally enforceable doesn't mean that you don't owe people money.
  • May you fry your chips with lard
    Praise the Lord for 'statute barred'
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    May you fry your chips with lard
    Praise the Lord for 'statute barred'

V e r y S m o o t h !!!!!!!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • BILLIE
    BILLIE Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    matttye wrote: »
    The guy said,

'it's regarding an overdraft on a HSBC account for £2250, how would you like to pay?'

Where's the lie?!

The statute of limitations doesn't dictate how long you can be pursued for a debt out of court, only through the courts.

The OP stated in his first post that although he had had an account with HSBC it didn't have a overdraft ..... I don't really want to get on this band wagon, but IMHO there are too many financial institutions who owe money to Joe Public through charges and PPI etc etc but they are not being honest and admitting it to us all are they Matttyre!!
    :j I belong to Mike's Mob :j
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    BILLIE wrote: »
    The OP stated in his first post that although he had had an account with HSBC it didn't have a overdraft ..... I don't really want to get on this band wagon, but IMHO there are too many financial institutions who owe money to Joe Public through charges and PPI etc etc but they are not being honest and admitting it to us all are they Matttyre!!

Ah bless em, they got there debts mixed up, so there chasing the wrong debt then, so the conversation should of been about a credit card not an overdraught, I love DCA`s :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure