Egg loan sold to Britannica Recoveries SARL

Comments

• Misty_Blue wrote: »
    Not at all. My biggest worry is that it will appear like that on the credit rating I'm desperately trying to rebuild, and will look bad to other lenders. :eek:

I am in the same boat, I am worried other lenders will think my loan was sold to a recovery company!!, Egg selling loans will explain why my annual statement is now 6 weeks late.
    Debt Free Wanna Be
    Update 2015 - 14.9k credit union, 10k loan, 12k credit cards... Not so good but now own a tack shop and own all the 75k stock... Now to clear these debts 😃
    Update Sept11 - 25500 Loan @ 10% Credit Union (paid wife credit cards off)
    Update March 10- £16886
    Total in March 09 £25215
  • Hop75
    Hop75 Posts: 11 Forumite
    I've just returned home and opened the same letter. I had no idea Egg was looking to dispose of the remainder of its business. Anyway, I spoke to Egg and they confirmed the entire loan book had been sold.

The lady I spoke to also confirmed the T&Cs would remain as they are, although when I tried to get an absolutely clear statement from her that rates etc would remain the same, she said I'd have to check with Moorgate.

I can't see why anything would change re T&Cs, rates etc, but I find the whole thing a bit lacking in reassurance. That said, the letter does say that Moorgate '...have agreed to perform the obligations of Egg Banking plc under the terms and conditions of your Egg Loan Agreement'.
  • sussexking
    sussexking Posts: 48 Forumite
    just come across this thread... i've got an Egg Loan which i defaulted in back in 2005 - i'm paying £100 a month to a company called Direct Legal Collections (been paying them since 2006/2007 now!)... Anyway I wrote to them two weeks ago saying that the PPI i've got on the loan should be taken off my debt owed, as it's invalid now and I would never be able to claim on it now anyway... i thought the letter from them today, was there way of saying "get stuffed" and transferring it to another party... obviously not!! - so i'll still pursue Egg then to get them to take the PPI owed off my debt...
  • CatchFazed
    CatchFazed Posts: 89 Forumite
    I had this today too - none too pleased about how the name will look on my credit report!
    Wish it win it 2013
    Hotel stay / Cash prize / Holiday to NY / Holiday anywhere! / Xbox One / Beauty prize
  • CG19a
    CG19a Posts: 765 Forumite
    I received the same letter. I have a pre-2007 loan, does anyone know if this affects the ability to take payment holidays, as this is one of the benefits of the pre-2007 loans?
  • Miss_Poohs
    Miss_Poohs Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How does this affect things if you try to reclaim PPI, who do you contact Egg or the new mob?
    Don't try to keep up with the Joneses - Drag them down to your level - it's cheaper . :p:D
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Miss_Poohs wrote: »
    How does this affect things if you try to reclaim PPI, who do you contact Egg or the new mob?

I presume it would be Egg, as they were the ones who sold/missold the policy.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Hoping it all works out ok for you guys.

Hopefully you'll have the same options as with Egg, mine finished last year and I loved the ability to repay chucks off the loan and save interest, plus pay it off early without any penalty.

I too must admit I wouldn't be happy with the company they transferred to either. So many people don't like Barclaycard taking over the cc business but it doesn't seem so bad considering who they could have sold it to.

I see this is on the Egg website

Ownership of your Egg Loan

We recently agreed to transfer ownership of Egg Loans to a new provider. Please note, before the transfer takes place, your new provider will write to you, explaining what will happen to your Egg Loan and how you can continue to service your account.

For now, we still have ownership of your Egg Loan and your account remains the same. Please be assured, we will work closely with your new provider to ensure a smooth transition
  • david39
    david39 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Presumably Egg have thousands of loans that they are transferring to the new company. If this is the case the new name will crop up repeatedly on credit searches and very soon will be a familiar name to organisations who take out such enquiries.

I'd suggest that the stigma which the name implies to the rest of us will not be read as such by people who are making searches every day and, if Britannic Recoveries and their business are not already known to them, then they soon will be.
  • david39 wrote: »
    Presumably Egg have thousands of loans that they are transferring to the new company. If this is the case the new name will crop up repeatedly on credit searches and very soon will be a familiar name to organisations who take out such enquiries.

I'd suggest that the stigma which the name implies to the rest of us will not be read as such by people who are making searches every day and, if Britannic Recoveries and their business are not already known to them, then they soon will be.

Now I have had a chance to calm down I am in agreement with the above. but I only have £1400 left, so might try and clear it before the take over date.
    Debt Free Wanna Be
    Update 2015 - 14.9k credit union, 10k loan, 12k credit cards... Not so good but now own a tack shop and own all the 75k stock... Now to clear these debts 😃
    Update Sept11 - 25500 Loan @ 10% Credit Union (paid wife credit cards off)
    Update March 10- £16886
    Total in March 09 £25215
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family