Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 March 2017 at 1:39PM
    Haylaluru wrote: »
    but then we had to go pick up a clay pot my daughter had painted through the holidays at a not so healthy cafe. Ended up having a wensleydale and red onion chutney panini with a large latte and a shortbread biscuit that I ate without even thinking.

I find it so difficult to find places to eat out for a snacky lunch that are SW friendly. Everywhere you go the menus are full of bread and pastry options. I suppose it's cheap and easy to prepare. Coffees are another minefield, easy to waste a days syns on just one. Obviously, you didn't have a choice on that one but I try to go for Americano with hot milk (hate cold coffee!) and try to search out places that do jacket potatoes.

Harvester is SW friendly if you choose well abbafan. Hope you enjoy it.:)

esmy, I find I stick to water if I'm driving, fizzy if I'm pushing the boat out, as I hate sweet drinks. That's why I have grapefruit squash with breakfast it's the sharpest I've found. I always feel dehydrated in the mornings so I missed my fruit juice when I started SW so I have squash instead. Sainsbury's NAS High Juice is my favourite. Robinson's Lemon and Pink Grapefruit is a cheaper option which is quite good too.

Sorry to hear about your panic attach shala:A. Keep in touch and I'm sure you'll get sick of comfort food very soon. Once SW is ingrained, I find we fall back into it sooner or later.:)

Good to see you posting lush, especially taking some time for yourself at the weekend. If your employer withdraws the parking permits, they're effectively making a pay cut:mad:. I use public transport for local journeys and most have free wifi so that's good for catching up. Some people I know drive to the edge of the controlled zone and walk/bus from there.

My stomach ache is better today. I'm not sure what caused it, could have been drinking too much lemon water which, as I can't taste, was perhaps too sour. I've portioned up the goulash (now turned into chunky chilli) for the freezer and kept some out for me to have with a JP. Still ploughing on with the meal plan as I don't expect DH to have another microwave ready meal today. I always keep a few in the freezer for when I'm eating out but poor s*d's had three this week.:D

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage, HEA milk for drinks
    L: choice of soup or JP
    D: roast chicken, SW roast potatoes and parsnips, swede & carrot mash, cauli, broccoli and any other veg I fancy cooking
    Syns: squirt of syrup, HM gravy and whatever else I fancy as the bank is looking healthy!:D

ETA: Aldi has a good selection of veg on Super 6 this week: cauli, carrots, parsnips, leeks, onions and can't if anything else. The cauli looks lovely and quite large too.
  • mrs_motivated
    mrs_motivated Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi folks,

Sorry I've not been able to post much, but planning to catch up on the thread sometime today.

Weigh day was yesterday and happy to report a 0.5 lb loss which considering the week I've had it am pleased with. Back on plan today , baked oats for breakfast with speedy berries.

Dinner is steak and salad with sweet potatoes wedges...my first musclefood delivery came yesterday and have to say, I was impressed. The hache steak I had last night was lovely
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Maman swede is the other veg in Aldi's super six. I'm an Aldi shopper and as the fruit and veg is at the start of the first aisle in my local, I find it's easy to load up on the good stuff. The large oranges are lovely at the moment too.

Can I also recommend Aldi's version of Total 0% fat yoghurt? Half the price of Total and just as nice IMO
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Shala - sorry to hear work's being rubbish at the moment...

Abbafan - enjoy Harvester!

Today's menu:

Brunch (had a lie in! :o): Mushroom & tomato omelette, pear & raspberries with Greek yoghurt
    Dinner: Been invited to a friend's house. I know it will be a roast chicken dinner, so will syn any oil for potatoes, and some for gravy. Hopefully, everything else will be free. She normally does a pudding of some sort, so will try and be careful... No other syns planned for today, though, so will do my best! ;)

P x
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If anybody has a "super 6" cauliflower that they are looking to use up, may I recommend the Cauliflower & Horseradish soup from the SW website. Have just made it to take to work for lunch tomorrow and its delicious! :T

Am now going to have to go back to Aldi to buy more cheap cauliflowers!! :rotfl:

P x
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    shala_moo wrote: »
    Morning.. I am keeping up with all the posts and losses for the chart :Tbut I'm struggling with motivation at the moment to join you all in the fight against flab.

I had a panic attack at work in the week, it's just awful there at the minute, and since then I've just been using food to soothe myself :o probably put loads back on but with SW you have to be in the right mindset to follow plan and I'm just not there right now :(

Anyway.. I'll give myself a little break and hope I don't do too much damage.

Hope everyone's ok, sorry you didn't get the job Lantanna :( their loss!

I'll be lurking around and posting the chart as normal.. xxx

Oh Shala you have my sympathies with work related panic attacks, not nice at all :(
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Lost half a pound :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    esmy wrote: »
    Maman swede is the other veg in Aldi's super six. I'm an Aldi shopper and as the fruit and veg is at the start of the first aisle in my local, I find it's easy to load up on the good stuff. The large oranges are lovely at the moment too.

Can I also recommend Aldi's version of Total 0% fat yoghurt? Half the price of Total and just as nice IMO

Thanks for that esmy I should have remembered I bought a swede. I bought everything but the leeks (I use frozen as it's easier).
    Thanks for the heads up on the yogurt. I don't eat it often but it's a good substitute for cream when strawberries are in season.

Good news! My taste has come back! Enjoyed my lunch and wine syns back on tonight's agenda. :D
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Am thinking about doing a fun run on the 4th June, it's just over 8 miles, but I'm sure I can do it. I'm sick of people telling me "you won't be able to do it".

Oh that's nice. Don't you listen to them! You've got three months to train and anyway it's meant to be a FUN run - you're not going to be disqualified if you walk for a bit. You'll ace it - go for it!

Sorry about the job Lantanna - it's a bit carp that they couldn't even tell you in person and left it so late in the day. As others have said, it sounds like you impressed them so try not to be too downhearted. Believe me I know how miserable job hunting can be though, bon courage to us both.

Glad to hear you're up and about Kathryn!

Hello to all - well done to the losers and hugs to those who need them - it sounds like a few at the moment :grouphug:

I must admit I'm getting to the point where I'm getting fed up of meal planning and prep now, and the perpetual massive pile of washing up that comes with cooking from scratch. I did plan until Wednesday and I've been shopping today though so I just need to give my head a shake and get on with it.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • LizzieR
    LizzieR Posts: 85 Forumite
    Hectic few days here, but managed to stick with the plan.
    Weighed in yesterday and 1lb loss for last week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure