I got a cifas marker

Options

Comments

• Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would having a crime number prove you are innocent? would it not only show that it has been reported?
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • s516224
    s516224 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I meant if After the investigation if I have been proved innocent.
  • Arleen
    Arleen Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Silast5 wrote: »
    You won't be proven innocent or guilty as you are not on trial. And for bank to put a fraud marker on you doesn't require criminal investigation as you've seen.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Silast5 wrote: »

What you did was in breach of the contractual terms that you accepted when opening the account. Nothing can change that now. Time passing is your only friend.
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Arleen wrote: »
    You won't be proven innocent or guilty as you are not on trial. And for bank to put a fraud marker on you doesn't require criminal investigation as you've seen.

Even if there was a trial he wouldn't be proven innocent. A not guilty verdict doesn't necessarily mean a person is innocent.
  • cj1974cr
    cj1974cr Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Ok here is some myth busting comments

CIFAS loading can last longer than 6 years
    The issue isn't about the bank card - it's the money or funds paid into the Barclays account
    You where given a right of appeal re/CIFAS and have 14 days to appeal.
    You can still challenge the CIFAS loading - but I don't rate your chance

The others comments re/fraud are valid , but also the bank may have to consider Money Laundering, remember when you opened your account they ask you for ID/Proof address.

Question: Where did that Money come from, and why didn't they pay it into their account ??

Whilst you didn't know what your friends was doing with the account . It's the risk you present repeating those actions.
  • s516224
    s516224 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick update I have made a complaint to the bank and I've been told the marker would be removed.
  • Blahblah123
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same situation as you, handed my card to my friend, yes I knowly knew what he was doing... I know I've done wrong, could you tell me what you said as a complaint to the bank?
  • cjmillsnun
    cjmillsnun Posts: 615 Forumite
    Options
    If you knowingly knew what was going on. TBQFH that is your problem.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same situation as you, handed my card to my friend, yes I knowly knew what he was doing... I know I've done wrong, could you tell me what you said as a complaint to the bank?

Basically he didn't get it removed.

People quite often come back and say theyve had rosy outcomes with no explanation as to how and why, thats because they are, ahem, telling a fib.

You have nothing to complain about.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport