0% APR on laptops?

Can anybody help me out trying to find a site which offers 0%apr on laptops.

I want to make a big purchase on a laptop, and I want to pay a sey amount each month, however I feel ripped off paying more than the original price, so I would like to find somewhere which offers 0% apr.

Amazon do have a pay monthly scheme, however I'd end up paying £475 on a £400 laptop.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    RGun wrote: »
    Can anybody help me out trying to find a site which offers 0%apr on laptops.

I want to make a big purchase on a laptop, and I want to pay a sey amount each month, however I feel ripped off paying more than the original price, so I would like to find somewhere which offers 0% apr.

Amazon do have a pay monthly scheme, however I'd end up paying £475 on a £400 laptop.

Credit card with a interest free offer?
    Very.co.uk with BNPL but make sure you have made the final payment before the year is up otherwise they slap you with a huge amount of interest.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    £400 isn't seen by retailers as 'a big purchase', so they won't generally be interested in providing 0% or even very low interest finance. If they do offer such a deal, you can bet that the purchase price is going to be bumped accordingly!

As Sarah has already suggested, look for credit cards offering 0% for a decent period - but be aware you need an excellent credit record to qualify.
  • Maybe don't go putting laptops on credit card if you're intending to get a mortgage?!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5694391
    Save first, it's only £400!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family