Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 2:43PM
    voodooflux wrote: »
    Joseph - apologies but I missed your reply.

One of the problems with Quidco currently is that every support ticket response ends with Quidco signing off by saying that they can't do any more in an attempt to wash their hands of the situation, but each time I push harder for more information it does seem to be forthcoming.

After a lot of digging and persistence I'm now being told that the cashback has been paid elsewhere (i.e. not to Quidco) which frankly bemuses me as I took all the normal precautions regarding cookies when I clicked through to the insurance provider to buy the policy. Quidco can't / won't tell me where the cashback has been paid, so I'm having to try and get this information from Tesco Insurance directly as Quidco are showing no desire to help further.

A deeply infuriating experience.

Hi @voodooflux

Thanks for your response.

When a cashback is declined for competing cookies and the cashback is paid to another referral body, we are not provided with details of where that cashback was paid to.

Therefore, whilst I wish we could simply pass that info on to you, we simply do not have that information to hand.

This is the last thing we want and honestly, we stand nothing to gain from declined cashbacks, which is why we also get frustrated when cashbacks are declined. This is not done aggravate or frustrate you (...that's the last thing we'd want to do).

We will also always try and chase them further by use of a claim. However, if the commission has not been passed on to us we can not pay any cashback on a sale.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Quidco Company Representative
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    zorber wrote: »
    Third one

I placed an order via quidco to microsoft for an xbox one s console. The promotion said £24 quid cashback. It tracked at the lower rate of 3.33. I didnt worry because it says on your website it may track at a lower rate before updating to the correct rate. I have noticed that it has now become confirmed but at the incorrect lower rate. It wont now let me raise a clain for an incorrectly confirmed rate. I have noticed on the forums that im not the only person with this issue.
    can you please reflect my account with the correct cashback rate please.

I have logged this with support but im putting this out here now for everyone to see how many issues i get with Quidco.
    these are just a few i can be bothered to chase right now!! there are many more!!

Hi @zorber,

I am sorry to see that your have had this issue with the cashbacks tracking lower.

We will always make sure members are informed of lower tracking on a retailer's terms & conditions on their Quidco page so that members expect a lower amount when their cashbacks track in.

The reason for this is due to the way that a select number of retailers track their cashbacks. They'll always track at base rate and update to the correct amount once confirmed.

As with any matters handled with technology, this may not happen all the time which is why we will raise a claim whenever that happens... or raise any particular concerns with a retailer should we notice that a significant amount are not uplifting to the correct amount.

The majority of retailers on our site will track at the correct amount however, and the number of retailer that track lower are in a minority. If a cashback tracks at the wrong rate for a retailer that should track correctly; then we we are happy to chase the missing amount for you via the claims process.

For any claims you raised; definitely use the codes provided by the retailer as they will be the correct reference numbers given that all orders are handled by the retailer, rather than us.

Usually to see which claim needs raising form a large number of purchases, I'd advise checking the purchase amounts and purchase dates of the cashbacks that have already tracked to try and deduce which cashback is missing.

As regards your Avis matter: Do let us via the support ticket sytem, so we can take a further look at that for you. Retailers will not accept claims 7 weeks from the purchase date.

We do make this clear in our help pages as we want to prevent disappointment for our customers.

However, if your hire end date is within 7 week, do let us know as we can raise that for you no problem.

We are aware of the Microsoft Xbox One S deal - We are ware of that issues and are looking to get that sorted very soon across the board for all customers affected.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    There are problems with the Clicksnap offers.

They keep disappearing to 0 offers and then 86 Grocery offers.

I have managed to upload a receipt today but there isn't any reference number this time for the upload.

Or you get "File size is to large. Please upload a smaller file." when it isn't. And shouldn't that be too large.
  • yellow44
    yellow44 Posts: 47 Forumite
    mamabuddah wrote: »
    I'm just about fed up with Quidco,
    Purchase in November at Argos to avail of Quidco £10 bonus, after ages ( and Argos STILL not paying me) Quidco stepped in and "paid" me the £5 transaction cash back themselves and said it will become payable shortly and the £10 Quidco bonus will appear shortly after...

My support messages have been going on for ages ( thanks L**m) with promises for all sorts, but to date I still haven't got my (effectively) £15 payable and ready to withdraw....it seems to be one lie after another...."Quidco will pay the money owed" ..." it will appear in your account shortly" ... I thought TopCashback had problems, but this is just taking the P.

Quidco rep, I notice that you haven't made any reply to mamabuddah in relation to the outstanding Argos £10 bonus.
    I am another waiting for an Argos purchase with the £10 bonus to progress.
    This is now just short of 4 months for me.
    Transactions at Argos with Topcashback around the same time paid a long time ago.
    When can we expect to see progress with this please??
  • Quidco have been useless via their own support site, so maybe a little public bashing will get the required response.

I purchased a Vodafone contract in September, it tracked and all was fine. The order went through, but due to a Vodafone system error, the order was cancelled and then reordered without me knowing about it (i only found this out after some digging around to get my cash back). In light of this, i raised a claim as naturally the claim declined, supplying the original web order number via the quidco tracking system, and the secondary order number. Vodadones local area manager has looked into it his side (i contacted them about it via the local store, and he confirmed that Vodafone had ok'd the claim) quidco have blankly refused to be of any use, and have been down right rude to me, treating me like a child in their copy and paste email responses. I want not only my missing transaction to be paid, but also want compensation for the hours of my life i have wasted doing all of the leg work that quidco failed/didn't want to do. I expect a response asap to this urgent matter before i consider my options within the small claims court.

Scott Williams. Quidco member for 5 years
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yesterday I bought the Aunt Bessie desserts and a bottle of Guinness and uploaded my receipt to clicksnap as usual, 4 receipts. After I pressed submit we usually get an ID number which I write on the receipt incase of problems.
    Worryingly there was no ID number so I had no certainty that the receipt had been accepted but I thought it must just be a fluke.
    This morning there is no sign of the receipt tracking so I uploaded it again. And again no ID number.

If there is a problem with Quidco would it not be better to put some sort of warning message on the website asking people to hold off uploading receipts until its fixed?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    mamabuddah wrote: »
    I'm just about fed up with Quidco,
    Purchase in November at Argos to avail of Quidco £10 bonus, after ages ( and Argos STILL not paying me) Quidco stepped in and "paid" me the £5 transaction cash back themselves and said it will become payable shortly and the £10 Quidco bonus will appear shortly after...

My support messages have been going on for ages ( thanks L**m) with promises for all sorts, but to date I still haven't got my (effectively) £15 payable and ready to withdraw....it seems to be one lie after another...."Quidco will pay the money owed" ..." it will appear in your account shortly" ... I thought TopCashback had problems, but this is just taking the P.

Hey @mamabuddah,

I am sorry that you have not received that bonus. I can can not locate your account with the details on this thread to sort that for you.

I will however be look into that should you send a message to members@quidco.com with the subject line: 'FAO Social Team MSE' along with the concerns raised in your posts here.

As regards your premium membership concern: To explain, before 15th April 2013, all accounts were subject to £5 being retained from your annual earnings.

On 15th April we introduced the free, Basic account. The normal account then became the Premium account, so your account hasn't changed as such.

If you would like to downgrade to the free basic account, I can certainly arrange this for you with no issues at all, and you will not be charged any further £5 retention fees in addition to a refund of this year's retained amounts.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    JAG wrote: »
    There are problems with the Clicksnap offers.

They keep disappearing to 0 offers and then 86 Grocery offers.

I have managed to upload a receipt today but there isn't any reference number this time for the upload.

Or you get "File size is to large. Please upload a smaller file." when it isn't. And shouldn't that be too large.

Hey @JAG

Thanks for your post. I noticed that happen on my account yesterday and the deals returned in a little while later.

I'd definitely advise having that checked out by contacting our Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter (sending us a DM or PM with the email address on your account so we can locate and check that for you).

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    yellow44 wrote: »
    Quidco rep, I notice that you haven't made any reply to mamabuddah in relation to the outstanding Argos £10 bonus.
    I am another waiting for an Argos purchase with the £10 bonus to progress.
    This is now just short of 4 months for me.
    Transactions at Argos with Topcashback around the same time paid a long time ago.
    When can we expect to see progress with this please??

Hey @yellow44

Well noted... I was simply taken away whilst I was responding to the messages on this thread to attend to another task - Thursdays are always unusually busy in our office, literally don't get why.

Back to the matter at hand, you are right Argos will usually take around 4 months to process both normally tracked cashback, as well as claims.

I would love to take a look at your account so I can see what's up with that. You don't happen to have a Facebook or Twitter account do you?

If you do please get in touch with us on either social channel, providing your email address via DM so we can locate your account and proceed with checking that.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
    Quidco have been useless via their own support site, so maybe a little public bashing will get the required response.

I purchased a Vodafone contract in September, it tracked and all was fine. The order went through, but due to a Vodafone system error, the order was cancelled and then reordered without me knowing about it (i only found this out after some digging around to get my cash back). In light of this, i raised a claim as naturally the claim declined, supplying the original web order number via the quidco tracking system, and the secondary order number. Vodadones local area manager has looked into it his side (i contacted them about it via the local store, and he confirmed that Vodafone had ok'd the claim) quidco have blankly refused to be of any use, and have been down right rude to me, treating me like a child in their copy and paste email responses. I want not only my missing transaction to be paid, but also want compensation for the hours of my life i have wasted doing all of the leg work that quidco failed/didn't want to do. I expect a response asap to this urgent matter before i consider my options within the small claims court.

Scott Williams. Quidco member for 5 years

Hi @motters.scott

I managed to find your account and can certainly understand the frustration caused.

This is the last thing we want and honestly, we stand nothing to gain from declined cashback, which is why we also get frustrated when cashbacks is declined.

This is not done aggravate or frustrate you ...that's the last thing we'd want to do.

We did try to chase this further but the response unfortunately remained that claim was declined because the order was amended and we were made to the we were not seen as having been part of the sale so the the commission that forms your cashback will not be paid to us.

As I am sure you can understand that we can not pass on any cashback that we have not received following a retailer's decision on a claim, which we have to take as final.

This forms a large part of the reason why we can never guarantee cashback.

Apologies for not being able to provide a more positive response on this occasion.

Kind Regards,

Joseph
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback