Pet Insurance Cost Cutting System/MoneySavingExpert.com Discussion

Comments

• hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    trampy, I dont understand that as my friend had his two Bull Mastiffs insured by them last year? Ignore the ad and give them a ring.
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    They might be a select breed which cost more to insure but they probably can insure them!
  • hethmar
    Well, they were actually very reasonable lily. I arranged it for him as he was a bit confused by it all He was well pleased - he was with E and L with his previous Mastiffs :( and still has outstanding bills they havent paid for. I think he is paying about £50 a month for the pair of them. And after only 6 months he found one of them has arthritis in her back legs and AXA have paid out for the meds no problem.
  • I am looking for Pet insurance that pays the Vet direct,i used to use direct line but had a large excess.
    Thanks
  • hethmar
    Ive just been to the AXA site and it does say cannot give an internet quote for this breed (bull mastiffs). I do hope my friend doesnt have a problem with renewing.

luckyloo - direct line isnt for life policy so you are probably fortunate to have decided to get another insurer but - have you claimed or even visited a vet with the animal you intend to insure? If so that condition and any associated with it will be excluded by a new insurer.
  • UKTigerlily
    I am looking for Pet insurance that pays the Vet direct,i used to use direct line but had a large excess.
    Thanks

This is up to the vet, most won't claim direct, give your Vet a call & check!
  • Does anyone know a policy which will cover pre existing conditions as I want to change. Payed norwich union for ages, then taken over by pet partners who added a !0% of costs excess! Substantial when hip surgery costs £3000!
  • UKTigerlily
    Does anyone know a policy which will cover pre existing conditions as I want to change. Payed norwich union for ages, then taken over by pet partners who added a !0% of costs excess! Substantial when hip surgery costs £3000!

Sorry none will cover pre existing
  • richleeds
    richleeds Posts: 182 Forumite
    Hi

When we picked up our pup we got 6 weeks free insurance with PetPlan. In the meantime I have been looking round and getting quotes. PetPlan are £15.99 whereas M&S and others are around £10.99. As its near the end of the 6 weeks my OH got the inevitable call from PetPlan to try and get us to continue with their cover. However they tried to put the frightners up my OH by saying that no one else offered comparable cover and we might be sorry in the future if we went with anyone else etc.

If ive been looking at policies that offer cover for life for new conditions and have similar cover of £4000 per year then is there any real benefit to paying £5 a month extra to PetPlan above some of the cheaper policies?

Also who out there matches PetPlan the best with at least the same amount of cover if not more?

Thanks

Rich
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    richleeds wrote: »
    Hi

When we picked up our pup we got 6 weeks free insurance with PetPlan. In the meantime I have been looking round and getting quotes. PetPlan are £15.99 whereas M&S and others are around £10.99. As its near the end of the 6 weeks my OH got the inevitable call from PetPlan to try and get us to continue with their cover. However they tried to put the frightners up my OH by saying that no one else offered comparable cover and we might be sorry in the future if we went with anyone else etc.

If ive been looking at policies that offer cover for life for new conditions and have similar cover of £4000 per year then is there any real benefit to paying £5 a month extra to PetPlan above some of the cheaper policies?

Also who out there matches PetPlan the best with at least the same amount of cover if not more?

Thanks

Rich

Petplan do a basic/value plan.

Thats the one I think I will get.

I don't need death benefits & stuff, just basic medical cover.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure