Mortgage Best-Buy Calculator Difference

13»

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    It looks the issue has been found.
    We (brokers) have sourcing systems we pay for, but even they can have errors which is why we check with the lenders websites. If the error is on the lenders site, you can argue that they should honour it. If it is on a third party site (such as MSE), you have no chance.

So it is always worth just double checking the lenders websites. But I do not think there are many (if any) 25 year fixed rates. I know of one lender but the rate is around 6%. I have just done some research on 10 year fixed rates and there were only 4-5 lenders.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Cage
    Cage Posts: 209 Forumite
    If it has to be 5-10 year fixed, then I think I dont have much of a choice. I assume that after the fixed rate period, I can jump onto another fixed rate term without penalty and possibly get a similar rate, or ?
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Of course, you are only financally tied in for the fixed period. You can still leave before then but the fees may make your eyes water.

There are plenty of 5 year fixes. It is just once you get beyond that your options start to reduce.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure