NST March: Marching to a different beat

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    It’s never too late to start over. If you weren’t happy with yesterday, try something different today. Don’t stay stuck, do better.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Smoke alarm started beeping so we've just spent £16.99 ( landlord fitted them so we have to replace with same one, 10 year life on it so fingers crossed we wont have to spend on this again) 0.85p also spent in Sainsburys on the way out. I forgot the chopped tomatoes for the childrens dinner :( so 0.60p spent and 25p for a freddo for DH. He asked for a Dairy milk (50p!) so I got him a cheaper choc instead haha!

Smoke alarms beep when they need a new battery so you could probably just have changed that.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    Today I am grateful for learning how to rack a kettlebell, for a quiet day, for baking, for dd making her first meringues, for plenty of veg, for getting some sewing done, for dd doing some homework, for a good chat with big sis, for my workout, for getting 2 contracts marking for the exam board.
  • Rare day, today.
    Baked all the things. Sausage Rolls for the kids packed lunches, pie for tomorrow. Batch baked yorkie-puds, and then there's quiche for our lunch.
    I dare anyone to say there's nothing in to eat now.
    Made it to gym - Read while at gym. Two birds -one stone.

Dealt with everything on my toady-frog list too.
    Now if I can just get a handle on "eating all the things" all's good! Weight loss has stalled, so I joined the MSE SW thread with hope it will help me focus. I don't know I'll keep up with the banter like I can here.

Knackered though now :D
    Oh.. yes, NSD2

Gratitudes:
    Kindle resize text facility allowing me to read while "treading the mill"
    DD2 making me pretty jewellery.
    Rare days.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    NSD achieved today 2/18
    Not feeling well today, have come down with something. Started yesterday. Coughing, sore throat and slightly chesty.
    Was meant to volunteer at an event today up London, but unable to go. Did phone the person in charge. Will be volunteering for this charity later on this month at another event in London.
    Am hoping I will be a lot better for next Sunday as I am doing 5k walk for a charity.
    Grateful for:
    Getting rest.
    Did manage to start the jigsaw puzzle.
    Managed to get dinner.
    Achieved a few bits in the flat.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    • · for the plodders: 15 NSDs 2/15 so far... Not one today
    • · Set your budgets before the challenge starts
      * Food - 67.27/420 - small spend of less than £10 today
      * Fuel (me) 0/65
      * School 0/25
      * Social 0/50
      * Clothes 0/75
      * Toiletries 3.98/10
    • · Be generous !!! Do not forget to give to your choice of charity. - monthly DD. Will also donate to foodbank/ animal foodbank collection at supermarket
    • · [FONT=&quot]Pay towards your debt first! .[/FONT] 'General' CCs always paid off in full. Car and min pyments to 0% CCs paid by DD. Extra monies then go to OH's 0% CC. £65 extra paid to CC so far
    • · Plan. Have sent DD off with some food for her student flat. Will be batch baking and cooking once new oven arrives and is installed later this week.

Sadly our snow is almost all gone :( I have enjoyed the enforced slowing down and the family time :)

Today I am thankful for:
    * OH nipping to shops for rolls for packed lunches and some salad bits
    * planning ahead and sending DD back with some easy food & household supplies
    * catch up tv to iron to :)
    * my children's sense of humour
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Today, I did my weekly shop and picked up my prescriptions. As these are budget line items, I think that makes this a NSD.

2/18

Keep going everyone! Long road ahead but we can do it!
    Emergency Fund: £300.01/£1000 (30%) March NST: 2/18 NSDs
    Tesco Loan: £3,877/£5000 Barclaycard: £3149.99/£3169.79
  • apple_muncher
    Kerry Woman - hope that a good night's rest helps you feel better quickly.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Today, I did my weekly shop and picked up my prescriptions. As these are budget line items, I think that makes this a NSD.

2/18

Keep going everyone! Long road ahead but we can do it!

Prescriptions are medical and therefore exempt but weekly shop is a spend (even if in budget) and therefore it's not a NSD, I believe. x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone!

So, yesterday was a planned spend day as out with the parents. They bought lunch and coffees so I bought us some cakes as my contribution. Extortionate - yes... but they look forward to it a day out.

Also had my first night out (also planned) last night in a bid to try and make friends in Manchester. A work colleague said she knew a lot of gay guys too so we hit town. Boy have things changed!!! I over compensated by buying 3 rounds and I was the only one not drinking lol) so the entire night cost me £45 and £6.50 parking!!! That's a whole week's spends gone in one night!!! I'm both mad at myself - but also glad I actually went out as would have been too easy not to even try. I've turned into a recluse.

Reflection: Not the best way for me to make friends. People were off their faces and pretentious?!?! Oh god. Don't get me started. I know in my younger days I could have blown through nearly twice that... I loved a good dance (that counts as my HIIT workout lol) but need to find my own 'pack' of people to run with... So - next up - I'm going to look into social groups...

So budgets adjusted, all my chores done ready for work. Diet still very much on track - wasn't even tempted by a greasy takeaway post clubbing! Onwards and upwards...

As I was technically out in the early hours of today... I won't count today as a NSD. Darn! Next time buy rounds pre-midnight haha! So... still stuck on 2.

Great to hear about all the energy and money saving hints. The one plus to living in rented accommodation is someone else worries about that... but - the time will come soon I hope, when I have my own place and all this will be invaluable.

Enjoy your evening folks.. x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income