Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Comments

• 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Welcome to the thread Honeybug!
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello Ladies,

Welcome Skye17 and Honeybug

LuxuryWoman you go! :D I love your attitude. :D Your right, I just need to take the time to do my nails more often and I will get better at it
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Welcome Skye17 and Honeybug :hello: - good luck to you both with your goals and it will be great to hear how you are getting on.

LuxuryWoman - like you, I always do my own nails and try to do them once a week - I do let them have a 'rest' from polish once in a while but feel a bit 'naked' without a nice colour on them ;)

On a more serious note I finally got around to seeing a solicitor this morning about making a will - OH and I aren't married so things can get a bit complicated if either of us dies without one :(. It was one of the things I have meaning to do for ages so I am glad that is underway :)

Have also made a doctor's appointment for next Friday to discuss my menopause problems - really not sure about HRT - need to do a bit more research about it before I go.

Sun is shining here today - makes a real difference - it was absolutely awful yesterday :eek:
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Sukey i am on hrt - i have a Mirena for one lot of hormones and patches for the other. I've been "patched-up" for several years now & DH is a happy, un-PMT'd husband!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Hope the Dr can help you Sukey I've been lucky so far I think, erratic periods (2 a month) but no other real symptoms so far (touch wood) a little warm from time to time but my moods are fairly steady. I am clumsier though these days. My mum went through menopause at 38 so as I'm 49 I'm doing OK but I'm well aware there is still time for horror!

So, I am a natural blonde again and hopefully nit free :rotfl: - I'm going out tomorrow night so need to do my nails - what colour? Blue, Green, Gold?

I really need to get my teeth fixed, I need major cosmetic work - anyone got a spare £15k ? It is affecting me dreadfully, and no matter what I do with hair, make-up etc my mouth lets me down terribly.

I have stocked the fridge with lots of healthy low carb food,, loads of fish and chicken and cheese, I'm determined to slim as I have a wedding in a couple of months and will need a new outfit, I would be happy to trawl the charity shops or supermarkets but it's easier at a lower size, I feel dead lumpy!
    However, bags always fit - I'm really tempted to get another from the company I got the other one I showed before - what do we think of this? https://www.myexquisiteshop.com/products/tassel-handbag I love the purple colour.
    I figure I can get away with a plainish outfit for the wedding if I have a great bag and good accessories, I don't go out very much so I don't want to buy a dress I'll never wear again.

As the wedding is in March there will also be a footwear issue.

Sukey making wills is such an adult thing to do isn't it? So necessary but feels so 'grownup'

Have a good day everyone,, sorry for the rambling on :)
  • Skye17
    Skye17 Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2018 at 6:18PM
    Hi, you must be my long lost twin - I too am 50 in September! Shall we be fab buddies? :)

LuxuryWoman I would love to be fab buddies. What date in September? I'm on the 17th.
  • Skye17
    Skye17 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Thank you for the welcome ladies. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • Skye I'm the 27th. It's strange, I was really worked up about turning 30, 40 not so bad, I've never looked better or felt more 'sorted' - 50 though, it's a strange one, I feel a kind of 'now or never' about it, time is ticking on but in a way I want to embrace these years, I guess 50 isn't what it used to be or maybe I'm kidding myself? I'm interested in how you feel about it? Do you have celebration plans?
  • Honeybug
    Honeybug Posts: 24 Forumite
    Hi,

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome.

I have never had my nails done professionally. I think I will add this to my targets for 2018 for trying new things and feeling less 'frump'. Maybe in May before we go on holiday.
  • HI Can I join please? So many posts to catch up on so will just have to jump in I', afraid. I'm 40 this year and in the past 5 years really let myself go due to depression. I have hit a bad spot again so i'm off to the dr to get meds again so hope this will get me back to me. Currently 2 stone overweight (I'm very small so every lb on and off shows) .
    I hate my glasses and hate wearing them so I'm going to try contacts but no idea what I am looking at! I have astigmatism, Wondering If I have to have a trial of putting them in..i'm fine touching my eye though!..Anyway Have a good weekend all. Off to soak in the bath and de fur and pamper, it's been a long time!
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family