NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Comments

• dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had a nsd today and yesterday. Woohoo means I'm up to 3. Took lunch to work. I also earned a little bit of money today from selling something. Didn't go for any outside time which is a let down. I need to do some exercise tomorrow.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 October 2016 at 9:00PM
    Evening everyone,

Today’s exercise was a walk down to the supermarket and back. I picked up a packet of toilet paper to donate to their food bank so that’s me reached the 3 items now.

I ate terribly today. Kettle chips for lunch and a burger and raspberry ripple ice cream for dinner. Naughty but it tasted good :)

Task for the weekend is to put up some of the little one’s clothes online that no longer fit for sale to make some extra cash.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy Friday everyone :)

Today was quite spendy :eek: Paid for yoga, top-up shop to improve my fruit and veg intake and then I bought a load of stuff online that I'd been meaning to get for ages including a mop and an electric blanket. I thought as I was spending, I might as well get a load out of the way! Tomorrow will be bad too as I pay for the new car :o

- Managed my 5 a day today. Dinner was homemade quorn chili from the freezer. Tesco order in for delivery tomorrow following meal plan.
    - Exercise - 1.5 hours yoga class and a dog walk
    - Happy - new mattress delivered and it's sooo much comfier than our old one! Also, we saw our usual sparrow hawk while walking the dog. It flew past us several times :)

Janey x
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    greent excellent progress and your mortgage payments are inspirational.

swimming preparation and thinking ahead are so useful. Well done on the donation, I must put mine in the bag ready.

FurryBeastOz I have freezer envy. That bug is sweeping across this thread.

Fmess I second throwing it at the debt (you know you want to).

x_raphael_xx glad you are feeling better and congratulations on the ponyta.

Calling enjoy your 'me' time.

Siebrie great rescue on the missing lunch.

ljaneyr all very positive.

dizzybind Woohoo.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Claiming a NSD as I ended the day with more than I started with. Paid for taxis but was reimbursed and was given money for a job I was going to do anyway.

Visited mum. Twins plus 2 children and 2 dogs were there. Had a cuddle with the new baby. Made the 3yo smile after mum had upset her.Some time with mum alone after they had gone. Got rid of a heap of paperwork.

Today I am grateful for the autumn leaves, for the colourful flowers in mum's old chimney pots and for a much better day than I was expecting. Will dance, very carefully.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone, I had a lovely breakfast this morning courtesy of my dd1, so no money spent today. I will have to add them up and post total. Didn't need lunch but had hm cottage pie (veggie) for tea and there's so much left that it will do dd and me tomorrow for lunch when she visits!!
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    I love it when days turn out to be better than expected, mothernerd! Glad yesterday was like that for you.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had the usual busy day at work and then a couple of hours at home before a much needed catch up with good friends and a meal out. It was budgeted for any came in £2.50 under budget :j plus friend's husband drove us there and back :)

I have sent £100 extra to the debt :j Need to keep back a little for the initial payment to my new monthly dental plan. I now have less than £1200 to pay to be debt free! I'm also 91% debt free and 80% of the way through this year's target :)

Today will be spendy as need to pay for parking at a place where there's no other option but will be going for a long walk there. Tomorrow will also be spendy as I need to cheer my sister up and I'm buying her takeaway (budgeted for as I didn't go on my planned cinema trip this month).

Have a great day all.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    fmess, well done. Those numbers look good. So close to the end :)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all!

Not checked in for a few days but have been reading!

So I am only on two nsd :( but to be honest I have not spent much and none of it was frittered which is the main thing!

Today my plans are gym then clean downstairs and the guest room. Then lovely long bath and give myself a gel manicure ready for a wedding reception tonight. I am driving so costs will not be much!the weather is really rubbish so unfortunately I will have TD the bedding and towels once washed.

Going to chase builder today as still not had quote for kitchen and boiler. Want it started in 4 weeks so need to get arranged asap!

Not sure if I will now be going on holiday in the spring as my friend who wants to come to Vietnam can't get the time off work :( I have saved the money for it so I might buy myself a MacBook instead but will hold off until for definite!

Have not checked medicine box yet but think I just need painkillers and cold remedy. Will audit tomorrow and stock up in savers on Tuesday. Def need tissues though but I only like ultra balm branded ones and can't find them on offer!

Eating is going well, have lost about 3lb this week! Not eating a lot of veg but plenty of fruit. As I'm back onto hm soup next week instead of sandwiches that will go up. Aiming for 4 veg and 3 fruit. Although it's less than I used to eat as I am trying to cut down on snacking!

Have a good Saturday turtles!
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family