Share your stories on PPI Reclaiming claims handlers

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    chuckl1es wrote: »
    So IFA's were party to miss-selling ?
    Do you also post as "ppidisgrace"?
    IFA's sold PPI policies and so get (often fraudulent) complaints of mis-selling.
  • maz1411
    maz1411 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    HI not sure if anyone can help, I got a letter sometime ago from a solicitor asking me to complete the notice of discontiunance, if i sign this will i be liable for any charges? .... I was reclaiming Bank charges against HSBC
  • chuckl1es
    chuckl1es Posts: 86 Forumite
    Because the FSA keeps changing rules retrospectively in favour of consumers.

Sadly yes - largely as a result of spurious complaints from ambulance chasers.

It is when they submit complaints about policies that never existed.

It is when they claim rules were broken three or more years before those rules ever existed.

It is when they allege a policy could never have paid as much as the premium paid when a premium of around £100 had the potential to pay in excess of £500,000.

It is when they tell you they can get a better outcome than if you did it yourself.

It is when if you use their services you must still complete the self same form that you can download from the Financial Ombudsman Service and send off yourself.

And that last issue is really my point. You have to complete exactly the same form. If necessary, you can call FOS (on a freephone number) and they will fill it in for you, free, and send it to you to sign. So the necessary effort and expense for you is exactly the same.

You are keeping a dog but barking yourself.

I understand that IFA's miss-sold PPI. Is this not bordering on fraud ? Knowingly miss-selling someone a policy they didn't need when in a position of trust. And these are 'qualified' people. Surely this is far more outrageous than claims companies highlighting the issue and charging to resolve it.
    If I am right in my assumptions and feel free to correct me if I'm not, then this should be far more widely publicised.
  • chuckl1es
    Do you also post as "ppidisgrace"?
    IFA's sold PPI policies and so get (often fraudulent) complaints of mis-selling.

Who/what is 'ppidisgrace' ?
    Why are complaints of miss-selling often fraudulent ? I'm confused.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I understand that IFA's miss-sold PPI.

It is uncommon for an IFA to missell PPI. This is primarily because the only type of loan they are normally involved in arranging is a mortgage. Because your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage there is a clear need for cover.

In addition, in the vast majority of complaints I see against IFAs about missold PPI it turns out they never purchased such cover anyway.
    If I am right in my assumptions and feel free to correct me if I'm not

Please consider yourself corrected.
  • chuckl1es
    It is uncommon for an IFA to missell PPI. This is primarily because the only type of loan they are normally involved in arranging is a mortgage. Because your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage there is a clear need for cover.

In addition, in the vast majority of complaints I see against IFAs about missold PPI it turns out they never purchased such cover anyway.

If they didn't purchase such cover, why would the IFA need an advisor to tell them that, surely it is self explanatory ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Don't feed the troll
    (It's another "ppidisgrace" pseudonym)
  • chuckl1es
    If they didn't purchase such cover, why would the IFA need an advisor to tell them that, surely it is self explanatory ?

I also note you say 'in the vast majority of cases', so it does mean that they did sell some. We're they all sold legitimately ?
  • chuckl1es
    Don't feed the troll
    (It's another "ppidisgrace" pseudonym)

Very sad that you can't continue a discussion, and please don't accuse me of acting as a pseudonym its a very poor show.
  • jul87
    jul87 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi
    Please could you help with advice or where to get it.I had a personal loan with direct line {now RBS} years ago and i want to claim back the PPI i m pretty sure i had it as was told i have to have it at time.
    I WANT TO DO THIS MYSELF but struggling.I have done the SAR thing and they say not enough info i have given them everything they have asked and now they say they cant find paper work from the loan and PPI so cant do anything further UNLESS I HAVE THE PAPER WORK buts its been 10 years.............help ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback