Window Quote by Anglia First Home Improvement - help please

Options

Comments

• DTIDJ
    Options
    Tink193 wrote: »
    Many people differ opinions on many things. Personally, I'd recommend them cause they've been in business for 40 years so something's right in th company. However I do feel the slating is unfair as how would you like it if someone slated you for doing your job the way you are told and taught to do?! Exactly! Stop the hating as if you asked them to come into your house then obviously you wanted to know more. You are told by someone on the phone that the meeting will last for a while anyway. Like someone said, a rated windows and frames is like when you get your gcse results, get an a your over the moon! Get an e and you are disappointed and want to redo it...
    Just saying my point of view, slate if ya like but it's all playground and back to school really... People approach ya, you allow them in, you don't like something they say, you slate and slag them off... You stoop to a bullies level (e) while they're still excelling and getting their a's.... Enough said, rant over :)

It is fair, as people talk about their experience and your attitude only proves their point about the company you work for. Talking from personal experience: Avoid Anglia 1st like a plague!
  • Yaktis6732
    Options
    Afternoon.
    My mother had a call from this company to-day 'First Anglia Home Improvements', a two hour call, where all of the above happened, phone calls to else where, trying to get a deal....He got thrown out !!!
  • missprice
    missprice Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    for the OP
    I have triple glazed windows and the quote for 8 was 3.5k
    2 of those 8 are really large windows and one is tiny and fixed
    another is a very odd size (from memory 6 ft long and 24cm high)
    managed to use a local installer and I am really happy with the result.
    btw I only got the 3 downstairs windows done as I just could not afford all 8
    but the quote was valid for 6 months
    when I asked a more well known company for a quote it was a ridiculous amount for double glazed.

similar problem when I got new external doors a few years ago, the well known Co asked for 2k
    the local Co much less for a better door with better locks and no extra for letterbox, numbers and chains
    63 mortgage payments to go.

Zero wins 2016 😥
  • TR3EL
    TR3EL Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I found this thread after i too had a 4 hour sit down with one of the salesmen from ANGLIA 1ST HOME IMPROVEMENTS, true to say it was very long, longer than i would have liked but also very informative. I then signed up to have my windows and doors done in my whole house, a price of £8700 offered if i take it today otherwise it will be £14000 if i want to take it at a later date, the discount was offered based on the same reasons as the OP, advertising outside the house for them for a while. I was not overly pleased with this technique of selling as i would prefer to think about it first, but i understand this is business and how it works sometimes, anyway, i then searched for info on the company and found this, and only this, thread, full of negative comments of over priced to bad service, most of which have mistaken the company for ANGLIAN HOME IMPROVEMENTS, clearly they should have chosen another name as the latter are a bad company with bad service and all. After much deliberating i decided to go ahead with it, their products looked very good and i couldn't actually find any direct negative feedback regarding the actual correct company. I am now pleased to announce that it was well worth it, i would always pay extra for the better product/company, yes i could have found cheaper quotes but im sure i would have received a cheaper service, as with most things in life. Anglia 1st home improvements have done an excellent job, their workmen were very efficient, hard working, didn't even stop for lunch, they finished the job in two days and the windows and doors look and feel excellent, im so glad i didn't sacrifice this level of workmanship and quality of product to save some pounds, as after all this is my home, an investment, and i want to invest the best into it. I would absolutely recommend this company to people, our windows are the best on the street by far and our door looks amazing. I would also recommend they change their name as it is clearly causing confusion (joke). They guys were really polite, cleaned everything up afterwards and left my house spotless. Hopefully people that now read this thread, looking for the information that i wanted, can now see a review from someone who has actually dealt with the company. All the other reviews are essentially the same as relationship advice from someone that is single!
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TR3EL wrote: »
    All the other reviews are essentially the same as relationship advice from someone that is single!

Posts=1 is the equivalent of being the singleton around here....must try harder
  • TR3EL
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »

Wow, really? I joined this website specifically to leave a review based on this threads topic, from myself, a person who has an answer as i have dealt with the company in question, for people who may be interested. Now i am very sorry if my opinion on a subject which i have just spent nearly £9000.00 on, isn't valid for you as i haven't posted enough on the site but see i just don't have the time in my busy life to be posting 194 posts plus on a site and if that makes me the equivalent of a singleton and therefore makes my knowledge and opinions invalid, then so be it, i'd rather be a 'equivalent singleton' on the web than have no life in the real world. Lastly this post obviously wasn't for you, so i'll leave it up for the people actually interested in the subject, and not for those who would rather spend their time casting judgement on people for their use, or lack of, of a particular website. Troll away my friend, troll away.
  • TR3EL
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »

Sorry, 475 posts. Wow, that truly is something to be proud of, what an achievement, your right hand must be very proud of you.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For someone bemoaning my judgemental post, you sure are judgemental yourself...anyway I look forward to future posts on other matters than ANGLIAN 1ST HOME IMPROVEMENTS (your caps)
  • TR3EL
    Options
    Not to carry this on forever but yes, i will be judgemental towards someone who has been to me, but i wouldn't do it in the way you did, which is what provoked my emotional response, perhaps your intention from the beginning. Thanks for throwing a quote of my post, in caps, which i wrote in caps to try and clear up some of the confusion in the name as people keep mistaking the company for others, although unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked on you as you still got the name wrong, so not an actual quote, but a nice try. Perhaps you will see more posts in the future, if i feel its necessary, but i don't think it'll be becoming a hobby for me. Nice chatting with you, but i feel its now come to an end..Good day.
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    TR3EL wrote: »
    Sorry, 475 posts. Wow, that truly is something to be proud of, what an achievement, your right hand must be very proud of you.

And look how many times this person has been thanked for his helpfull posts
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback