Halifax PPI Help Needed

Comments

• dunstonh wrote: »
    To be fair, Dunston, those links refer to mortgage PPI or a loan secured on property. The OP is complaining about a chain of unsecured loans..
    Makes me feel confident about my claim.
    Care to tell us why?
  • For fear of getting my bonfire peed on, no
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Statistically, you are more likely to succeed on loan PPI than any other type. Just helping you build the bonfire up ;)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Boom. Winner. Been awarded just over £1200

If you’re feeling confident about a claim, keep the faith and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise - they probably work for a bank :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you!!!8217;re feeling confident about a claim, keep the faith and don!!!8217;t let anyone tell you otherwise - they probably work for a bank :D
    I told you at post #11 that I expected you to be refunded. It was your complaint reasons and your expectation of an "automatic trigger" which we took issue with.

Since the Banks never reveal why they are upholding complaints (only why they are rejecting) we'll never know why your complaint was successful. What is certain is that many PPI complaints are upheld for reasons not given by the complainant.
  • I told you at post #11 that I expected you to be refunded. It was your complaint reasons and your expectation of an "automatic trigger" which we took issue with.

Since the Banks never reveal why they are upholding complaints (only why they are rejecting) we'll never know why your complaint was successful. What is certain is that many PPI complaints are upheld for reasons not given by the complainant.

If you didn’t say anything of the sort, then maybe, just maybe, it wasn’t in reference to you. You’re too defensive methinks

Anyhoo, onwards and upwards
  • [Deleted User]
    You're too defensive methinks
    Neither Dunston nor myself work for banks.

Dunston is an IFA and I am a..... ;)
  • Neither Dunston nor myself work for banks.

Dunston is an IFA and I am a..... ;)

Brilliant ! :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Brilliant ! :rotfl:
    I also post on the TV Moneysaving Board, where I have been accused of working for both Sky and Virgin Media!

I was also accused of working for Amazon on the Consumer Rights board!

The moral of this story is not to assume that there is any paid bias in any responses you may receive here, whether you like them or not!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Its worth noting how this thread developed. If you re-read it, you will see the complaints reasons were weak and there was a focus on the thread on that. However, the PPI covered a loan. So, the reasons given, whilst weak does not mean it would not go on to succeed for another different reason. Indeed, it was also said on the thread that most loan PPI complaints succeed.

The reason why it paid out will never be known. It could be those reasons (even though we know they are not an issue). It could be an auto-payout (£1200 is in the ballpark of auto-payouts). It could be something that was never mentioned in the complaint (as is often the case). It could be a combination of minor things that totted up didnt make it worth fighting from their point of view.

There was no bias on this thread. If there was, you would never have been told that most loan PPI complaints succeed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure