Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lilmissworry
    • By lilmissworry 14th Sep 17, 11:13 AM
    • 148Posts
    • 106Thanks
    lilmissworry
    Switched banks expecting refund to old one
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:13 AM
    Switched banks expecting refund to old one 14th Sep 17 at 11:13 AM
    So I've recently switched my account from TSB to Co-Op and I am expecting a refund but I paid through my old bank account. Will the refund go to my new account?
Page 1
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 14th Sep 17, 11:30 AM
    • 3,041 Posts
    • 3,156 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:30 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:30 AM
    Yes.

(Message too short)
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
    • Don80
    • By Don80 14th Sep 17, 12:07 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    Don80
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:07 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:07 PM
    Hi, if you switched using the CASS then yes, if you did it yourself then no.
    • d123
    • By d123 14th Sep 17, 12:16 PM
    • 6,693 Posts
    • 4,268 Thanks
    d123
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:16 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:16 PM
    So I've recently switched my account from TSB to Co-Op and I am expecting a refund but I paid through my old bank account. Will the refund go to my new account?
    Originally posted by lilmissworry
    A quick google search for “switch service refund to old account” gives the following hits in the first links shown:

For 13 months after you've switched, your new provider will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account, or taken from your old account, to be automatically redirected to your new account. It will also contact the sender and give it your new account details.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2013/09/you-can-now-switch-bank-in-seven-days-time-to-ditch-and-switch

What happens to payments that people send to my old account?
    The Current Account Switch Service will redirect payments to your new account. Each time an electronic payment is redirected an automatic message is sent back to the originator advising them of the new account details so they can update their records. Some organisations may contact you directly to confirm your details have changed.
    https://www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk/helpandsupport/Pages/help.aspx

And that’s only in the first handful of results
    ====
    • pennystretcher
    • By pennystretcher 14th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,318 Thanks
    pennystretcher
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    Seconding Don80 above - if you have switched accounts using the switching service. I have received monies sent to old accounts without any issues within a day or so when the payment was made.

Also - the payment period has been extended to 36 months after switching
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2017/01/redirection-period-for-payments-to-old-bank-accounts-to-be-extended-
    Last edited by pennystretcher; 14-09-2017 at 8:06 PM.
    MFW Nov 2017 £390 (almost there!!!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,193Posts Today

6,565Users online

Martin's Twitter