Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigboab99
    • By bigboab99 14th Sep 17, 7:44 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bigboab99
    Aviva insurance
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:44 AM
    Aviva insurance 14th Sep 17 at 7:44 AM
    Have my motorbike insured through Zenith insurance. Informed 3 months ago that I had been involved in an accident. checked date of claim against me from AVIVA and I was out of the country at the time - this was passed to AVIVA. Still insisted it was me who was involved. Sent flight details , still the same. My company sent an engineer to check bike - confirmed not involved in an accident. My company saying it must be a mistake. Next found accident happened 6 hours away from where I live and names given did not tie up. At this point was still trying to sell bike , but no one interested while this nonsense going on. Eventually it was found out that an incorrect registration was given. However I've had to wait 3 months to clear my name and in that time bike price dropped £300 - do I have any recourse - AVIVA wont speak to me and Zenith say they cant act as no claim settled. So I've done nothing wrong and been penalised - any thoughts>>
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Sep 17, 9:52 AM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:52 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:52 AM
    You need to have a negligent party to claim off. That won't be Aviva

(Don't understand how you were stopped from selling because of the claim against you)
    • rs65
    • By rs65 14th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    • 5,226 Posts
    • 2,483 Thanks
    rs65
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    At this point was still trying to sell bike , but no one interested while this nonsense going on.
    Originally posted by bigboab99
    How did they know?
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 14th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    • 25,698 Posts
    • 10,211 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    As above in what way did an insurance claim affect you selling the bike?

Not once have i ever asked a seller are you currently disputing an insurance claim, and oddly no buyer has ever asked me the same question.

Who said the bikes value dropped £300 also? Its worth what someone is willing to pay.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,830Posts Today

5,263Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin