MSE News: HSBC and First Direct offer cashback credit and debit card schemes

Comments

• dougz_2
    dougz_2 Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know if these Visa offers will stack with cashback via sites such as Quidco or TCB?
  • dougz wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these Visa offers will stack with cashback via sites such as Quidco or TCB?

Would be interesting to test The Works online as both cashback deals are double digits.
  • teddysmum wrote: »
    There are lots of websites that email you as frequently as you choose with the names of the 5 cheapest sites within a (5 mile ?)range of your postcode.

Understood, but the point is that I was £2.70 better off as a result of the £5 cashback (even although the fuel was more expensive than Asda 1 mile away). OK, £2.20 allowing for 1.25% Amex cashback if I'd gone to Asda.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    dougz wrote: »

They often will.

We're off to Thailand in a few weeks and booked the flights in June. Managed to stack a voucher code with topcashback and a nationwide visa offer, knocked about £100 off the flight price for the two of us.
  • I've called HSBC who advised I cancel my card (this was done!)...and just called Visa who said they have NO and I repeat NO offers with HSBC!!! What is going on!!!???

I gave them the site details and address and they said it's not one of theirs!!
  • Terry98 wrote: »
    I registered for the First Direct scheme last week and used my card for the £10 off £40 at Lidl.

A couple of days later I got an email confirming the cashback and saying the £10 would be credited to my account within 5 days.

Apparently the Esso offer only works at Esso branded stations so excludes Esso stations with Tesco Express

Have you now actually got the cashback?? Has anyone had the cold hard cash from these offers??
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    aadil79 wrote: »
    Have you now actually got the cashback?? Has anyone had the cold hard cash from these offers??

Not from HSBC yet, but the site is on the same domain (visaoffers.eu) as Nationwide's cashback program which I've had plenty back from, and a quick google shows that Allied Irish Bank also uses it.

I had my first confirmation email of a HSBC offer tracking this morning (Lidl) and if it wasn't genuine there would be no way that any crook would know that I had used the card in Lidl.
  • aadil79 wrote: »

Like the previous poster, I too got the cash from using Nationwide card at Lidl (separate campaign of course)
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    aadil79 wrote: »

As per my post, yes, i have. My colleagues at work have too.
  • Has anyone else tried this at an Esso station with a Tesco Express attached to it?

I'm not sure I trust the store locations list as it is merely made up of a Google Maps search for "Esso"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure