Paypal Direct Debits

Options

Comments

• Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When I added my bank account details to payment methods, PP took £1 out of my account. They explained that this would happen and it was returned later on. PP showed in my list of dd's after that.

But....I never saw a way, or a need, to make a payment to PP by dd, they just took the money from my account as needed. I guess it was what you could call an 'irregular' dd. Sometimes it was used three times in a month, sometimes not at all.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The facility disappeared from my account couple months ago. The workaround is to send a payment to your spouse, you can send from any account that is linked and it will send it by pulling a DD.
  • drob4
    drob4 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FWIW, I'm still able to add money to my PP account via DD from my own bank using the PP app.
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    drob4 wrote: »
    FWIW, I'm still able to add money to my PP account via DD from my own bank using the PP app.

It's never been possible via the app !
  • drob4
    drob4 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's never been possible via the app !

I've been doing it for the last year or so via the app.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That is strange, as i have added two accounts to my PayPal account in August and was able to pull funds from both of them in the past week as direct debits.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • trail32uk
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem.

The option to add funds to paypal via direct debit is missing from both of my paypal accounts today. I am only offered to domestic payment transfer by logging into my own bank account and setting up a payment manually to paypal.

In the past I was given two options after pressing add money from the main screen. Now there is only "You move money from your bank account" option.

All my accounts were confirmed and I have made several payments via direct debits last month. The only thing that I did thats different last month was to pay an Ebay fee last night via paypal that was processed successfully. My accounts are not limited.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • MarkFromCornwall
    Options
    Like others here, the option to add funds to my Paypal account via direct debit has disappeared. I've never used the app before but I've just downloaded it and it has allowed me to arrange a transfer from a current account into my Paypal account. It didn't specifically say that it was by direct debit but as it said it would take 5 days I presume that's what it is. Let's hope this facility isn't also withdrawn.
  • trail32uk
    Options
    It is not affecting everyone. My Partner does not have this problem. I tried the app and I have still have the problem there. I've left a pm. message on Paypal Facebook waiting a response.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure