Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 16th Jul 14, 1:09 PM
    • 397Posts
    • 121Thanks
    MallRat
    iSoftStone
    • 16th Jul 14, 1:09 PM
    iSoftStone 16th Jul 14 at 1:09 PM
    Anyone taking the iSoftStone exam this weekend?!

I've just downloaded the guidelines, and am currently trying to summon the strength to start reading them..
Page 3
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 23rd Jul 14, 7:17 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    What! Now I have double the queries again. This is really strange.
    Originally posted by extraJam
    Just noticed the latest email instructing us to stop working on it. I really hope this doesn't mean having to do the whole thing again.
    • Maktina
    • By Maktina 24th Jul 14, 6:58 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    Maktina
    I haven't done the sets yet. So how different are the rating methods compared with Appens? It looks similar, except for the 'Perfects'.
  • stephs0801
    Has anyone elses available hit apps gone back up to 229 today?
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 24th Jul 14, 1:04 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    Has anyone elses available hit apps gone back up to 229 today?
    Originally posted by stephs0801
    Seems you aren't supposed to take the practice set on Wednesdays, as that's the day that the queries in it get refreshed. Which explains why when we were sent the guidelines on Wednesday last week, we were told not to move onto the practice questions until 24 hours later. Suppose he just didn't know why that was..

Anyway, I've been moved on to the final exam stage.. Despite that the fact that due to the problems with the pops-up yesterday, I barely learned anything from doing the practice questions. So, as the exam pass mark is pretty high, I'm not exactly feeling very confident about my ability to pass.
  • stephs0801
    Seems you aren't supposed to take the practice set on Wednesdays, as that's the day that the queries in it get refreshed. Which explains why when we were sent the guidelines on Wednesday last week, we were told not to move onto the practice questions until 24 hours later. Suppose he just didn't know why that was..

Anyway, I've been moved on to the final exam stage.. Despite that the fact that due to the problems with the pops-up yesterday, I barely learned anything from doing the practice questions. So, as the exam pass mark is pretty high, I'm not exactly feeling very confident about my ability to pass.
    Originally posted by MallRat
    Oh, would have been good of them to explain that in the guidelines.

Good luck with the final exam, I don't think I'll even make it that far.
    • extraJam
    • By extraJam 24th Jul 14, 2:24 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    extraJam
    I haven't done the sets yet. So how different are the rating methods compared with Appens? It looks similar, except for the 'Perfects'.
    Originally posted by Maktina
    I would ignore the category names TBH, i just found it misleading. Many of the things we had to take account of at appen don't apply here.

In other news, I've got the NDA for the crowdsourcing. Anyone else apply for that?

And good luck Mallrat!

Good luck! Sure you'll do fine

At least there are no off-by scores. Relief to me because at least if I get a query majorly wrong, it won't then scupper my whole chances, as it did with Appen (Whom I do not miss at all!)
    • diddly_squat
    • By diddly_squat 24th Jul 14, 8:08 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    diddly_squat
    Does this look easier overall than Appen then?

No off-by?? Where the hell is this client where I am?!
    • extraJam
    • By extraJam 24th Jul 14, 11:41 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    extraJam
    Does this look easier overall than Appen then?

No off-by?? Where the hell is this client where I am?!
    Originally posted by diddly_squat
    Hmmm. The task seems logical so potentially easier than appen, but only IF the on the job audits are sensible. A certain fraction of what I'm seeing in the training set is not sensible/seems to just make stuff up. So I'm wary that this is the same old guessing game where raters get penalised for lazy, too-good-to-be-wrong auditing.

But i really hope I'm wrong!
    • Maktina
    • By Maktina 25th Jul 14, 6:58 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    Maktina
    The training data is over 6 months old... How are we supposed to correctly rate that :-/ It's also out of market and mostly 'questionable' ratings.
    Last edited by Maktina; 25-07-2014 at 7:28 AM.
    Not feeling confident.

Had quite a few ratings which seemed contradictory in the training set.

Now onto the real thing, and based on the score needed to pass, I will need an incredible amount of good luck
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 25th Jul 14, 1:35 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    Anyone completed the tests yet?

Think I failed.. Am confused though.
    • Maktina
    • By Maktina 25th Jul 14, 2:37 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    Maktina
    I completed it, but I rushed most of the queries as I began to rapidly get fed up with the way things were rated (and the fact that it was out of market and out-dated didn't help). Coming from an intensive background with Appen and their strict qualification tests, this just felt 'slapped together'. It's literally pot luck at this point. I guess we don't get a second chance as I don't see any mention of that?
    Last edited by Maktina; 25-07-2014 at 2:39 PM.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 25th Jul 14, 2:58 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    I completed it, but I rushed most of the queries as I began to rapidly get fed up with the way things were rated (and the fact that it was out of market and out-dated didn't help). Coming from an intensive background with Appen and their strict qualification tests, this just felt 'slapped together'. It's literally pot luck at this point. I guess we don't get a second chance as I don't see any mention of that?
    Originally posted by Maktina
    Did you notice that if you got a question wrong, sometimes they still classed it as correct due to being "close enough"? I was keeping score throughout, but didn't become aware of that till right at the end of test 2. Therefore, I know I definitely passed test 3, but am not 100% sure about the other two. (Although pretty sure I DID fail both. )

And no, not sure about the second chance. Feel we should considering the amount of time we've invested, though. Plus, you usually do in tests for similar jobs (Appen WSE, LB IA etc).
    Last edited by MallRat; 25-07-2014 at 3:24 PM.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 25th Jul 14, 4:53 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    Well, weirdly it appears that I DID pass. Seems I was right about failing to spot the "close enoughs" early on!

Now signing forms.

Good luck to everyone else. Don't really want to be doing this thing alone, for a start!
    • rachelja
    • By rachelja 25th Jul 14, 5:26 PM
    • 2,890 Posts
    • 4,543 Thanks
    rachelja
    Does anyone know if you can do the internet search evaluator and transcription jobs at the same time with iSoftStone? I am kind of tempted to apply for both, but I don't want to ruin my chances of getting either!
    Originally posted by **Bex**
    Hi Bex, do you work for Appen too? I transcribe for Appen but I don't do WSE. I have never heard about a conflict with transcription and I don't recall signing a contract with Appen to say that I wouldn't work for anyone else. That wouldn't be something I would be inclined to sign as there is no way you could survive on such sporadic work!

Anyway I have submitted my details for iSoftStone transcription to see what happens. They didn't want anything more than basic details at the moment thank goodness...I have about 7-8 weeks transcription work for Appen on the go at the moment
    Newbie blogger
  • FerrisBueller
    I've just completed the training set, how long does it take to find out whether I passed or failed?
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 25th Jul 14, 9:55 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    I've just completed the training set, how long does it take to find out whether I passed or failed?
    Originally posted by FerrisBueller
    If you log back in to UHRS and click "My Report" you'll see how many you got right, so you can work it out yourself. Not too sure when you can expect to get an official email though considering it's now Friday.
  • FerrisBueller
    If you log back in to UHRS and click "My Report" you'll see how many you got right, so you can work it out yourself. Not too sure when you can expect to get an official email though considering it's now Friday.
    Going by those stats missed the requirement by 0.1%..

So if I got just one more of them right I'd have passed... wow that's annoying. Even more annoying is the fact that the very first one I did didn't show properly so I rated it as a technical difficulty and got one wrong mark for it, so because of that one I failed
    Last edited by FerrisBueller; 25-07-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 25th Jul 14, 11:04 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    Going by those stats missed the requirement by 0.1%..

So if I got just one more of them right I'd have passed... wow that's annoying. Even more annoying is the fact that the very first one I did didn't show properly so I rated it as a technical difficulty and got one wrong mark for it, so because of that one I failed
    Originally posted by FerrisBueller
    Oh, that's disappointing. Especially considering how long it takes to do.

I'd assume they'll give people another chance on both the training set and final tests though, having gone through 4 or 5 qualification processes for similar jobs before. At least you should be in a pretty good position to pass that, if so.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,005Posts Today

7,714Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin