Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 31st Aug 17, 12:03 PM
    • 592Posts
    • 171Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Paypal Direct Debits
    • 31st Aug 17, 12:03 PM
    Paypal Direct Debits 31st Aug 17 at 12:03 PM
    Just tried to move money into Paypal by direct debit (in order to meet the min 2 dd requirements), and the option to move money by dd seems to have disappeared from Paypal. Has anyone else noticed this?
Page 2
    • trail32uk
    • By trail32uk 1st Sep 17, 12:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    trail32uk
    It is not affecting everyone. My Partner does not have this problem. I tried the app and I have still have the problem there. I've left a pm. message on Paypal Facebook waiting a response.
    • BodyMilk
    • By BodyMilk 2nd Sep 17, 1:16 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BodyMilk
    I have the same problem here. I've been using the Paypal Direct Debit for years now. Just today that option has disappeared.
    Going to try the app now.
    • BodyMilk
    • By BodyMilk 2nd Sep 17, 3:09 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BodyMilk
    I have the same problem here. I've been using the Paypal Direct Debit for years now. Just today that option has disappeared.
    Going to try the app now.
    Originally posted by BodyMilk
    Just tried the PP app. Using DD seems to work. I received the same confirmation emails as before (when the DD option was there on the PP website).
    • janeskips2
    • By janeskips2 3rd Sep 17, 3:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    janeskips2
    Confirmed, the DD side on the right is completely missing now. Selecting bank account from drop down takes to a page with instructions on transferring from bank.
    • trail32uk
    • By trail32uk 4th Sep 17, 5:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    trail32uk
    I've been having a long discussion over the last three days with Paypal support via their Facebook page and they have been responsive, but no solution yet. I suggest people notify them also using whatever method they wish at least once. The more people do that the more likely it will be fixed.
    • RitaR
    • By RitaR 5th Sep 17, 1:20 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RitaR
    Direct Debits
    I phoned Paypal customer services re lack of funding with D.D. and they stated it will be passed on to Tech. Support who should sort out missing D.D. option a.s.a.p. They said they would email me with update soon, so I will report back.
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 6th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    • 3,772 Posts
    • 13,837 Thanks
    Westie983
    DD worked using the PP app
    I used the app to pull money from one of my accounts and it was completed today, like others the DD option has disappeared from the web based log in, but the app is still using DD, as long as the account has been verified, Im not sure if you are able to set up new ones now as the option has been removed....

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2017 #16 Total £21,355/£12,000 = 177.95%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 10 #97 Total (£252) +£158/£500 = 82.00% ( x 10)
    Xmas 2017 £1 a Day #6 Total £330/£365 = 90.41%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total £1,350/£1,800 = 75.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2017 #3 Total (£1,450)+£50/£2,000 = 75.00%

Total £24,945/£16,665 = 149.68%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • vikkiew
    • By vikkiew 9th Sep 17, 12:37 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    vikkiew
    Bizarre. Is it just adding money or does this also mean payments can't be supported from linked bank account either? If I don't have enough in my Paypal account for a payment will I now have to log into my bank and send money to Paypal?
    • Kernel Sanders
    • By Kernel Sanders 14th Sep 17, 12:10 AM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 1,277 Thanks
    Kernel Sanders
    What is this app? Is it only available on smartphones?
    • anna42hmr
    • By anna42hmr 16th Sep 17, 6:10 AM
    • 2,366 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    anna42hmr
    This is really strange, after saying i had the option via both the website and the app the other week, this has since changed this week, and can only request funding by direct debit via the app.
    MFW # 105

2015 Target £7000/ Overpaid £8095
    2016 Target £6000 / Overpaid £6983.24
    2017 Target £3500 / £2722.08 so far as at August
    • Kernel Sanders
    • By Kernel Sanders 21st Sep 17, 12:39 AM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 1,277 Thanks
    Kernel Sanders
    The facility disappeared from my account couple months ago. The workaround is to send a payment to your spouse, you can send from any account that is linked and it will send it by pulling a DD.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    You mean to your spouse's Paypal a/c? I've tried to link my BoS a/c with my mother's PP a/c but it comes up with a red triangle stating: We're sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts.
    It's already linked to my PP a/c.
    Last edited by Kernel Sanders; 21-09-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,685Posts Today

6,550Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin