Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • adr0ck
    • By adr0ck 13th Jan 16, 1:13 PM
    • 2,305Posts
    • 1,456Thanks
    adr0ck
    cfadvisory.co.uk
    • 13th Jan 16, 1:13 PM
    cfadvisory.co.uk 13th Jan 16 at 1:13 PM
    Has anyone used this company?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Jan 16, 1:32 PM
    • 14,087 Posts
    • 14,774 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Jan 16, 1:32 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 1:32 PM
    I'm sure they have.

And will have lost a bucket load of money at the same time.
    • adr0ck
    • By adr0ck 13th Jan 16, 2:08 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 1,456 Thanks
    adr0ck
    • 13th Jan 16, 2:08 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 2:08 PM
    they are saying they take 25% of what youget back

anyone know if this is standard
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 13th Jan 16, 2:17 PM
    • 89,555 Posts
    • 56,005 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 13th Jan 16, 2:17 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 2:17 PM
    That is a dodgy name for a company that is not actually a financial advisory firm.

Guess what? It's based in Swansea. What a surprise.
    they are saying they take 25% of what youget back

anyone know if this is standard
    25% plus 20% VAT.
    No its not standard. The FCA regulated complaints process is free of charge to use. That is the standard that the majority of people go by.

However, if you think that you need to send a form to a claims company who in turn will send it to the same address as the bank/provider quote on their website, then that is about 63p for a stamp and a few more pence for the envelope. Lets just call it £1.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 13th Jan 16, 2:52 PM
    • 4,047 Posts
    • 2,335 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 13th Jan 16, 2:52 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 2:52 PM
    Claims companies have no magic powers and no more chance of success than doing it yourself. To use the firm you will have to dig out all the information needed to make a complaint and if you can do that, why not do it yourself and keep all the money?
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 13th Jan 16, 8:37 PM
    • 9,101 Posts
    • 5,584 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    • 13th Jan 16, 8:37 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 8:37 PM
    Guess what? It's based in Swansea. What a surprise.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    SCAMsea is the CMC fraud capital.

The FCA regulated complaints process is free of charge to use. That is the standard that the majority of people go by.

However, if you think that you need to send a form to a claims company who in turn will send it to the same address as the bank/provider quote on their website, then that is about 63p for a stamp and a few more pence for the envelope. Lets just call it £1.
    Alternatively, call 0800 023 4567 and ask FOS for assistance. The call is free and they will write to the business for you.
    • Biscuitfrog
    • By Biscuitfrog 5th Jan 17, 2:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Biscuitfrog
    • 5th Jan 17, 2:26 PM
    • 5th Jan 17, 2:26 PM
    Yes I and I wish I hadn't. First things first they tell you that you "Do have a claim" and can expect a minimum amount. In my case it was £5000. Then you have to pay £495 for legal fees which is returned in the final payment as it is "no win no fee". Things started to smell fishy when it came back that I had no PPI claim. I then asked about the £495 and they said it would be credited back to my credit card in 2 weeks. 4 months on and still nothing. I have chased and chased, been told to sign up to "Clearscore" ?? send evidence of all my credit history.......Feel like a right fool! Do not touch them with a barge pole, they are just a Swansea call centre gaining commission for "Clearscore" IMO
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 5th Jan 17, 4:36 PM
    • 4,047 Posts
    • 2,335 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 5th Jan 17, 4:36 PM
    • 5th Jan 17, 4:36 PM
    Clear score are nothing to do with CMCs, they're the front end of credit agency Equifax

While it's a bit late, speak to your CC company about a charge back or maybe a Section 75 case because the company has not fulfilled their contractual obligation
    • Biscuitfrog
    • By Biscuitfrog 14th Jan 17, 10:06 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Biscuitfrog
    • 14th Jan 17, 10:06 AM
    • 14th Jan 17, 10:06 AM
    Small claims court?
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 14th Jan 17, 1:56 PM
    • 4,047 Posts
    • 2,335 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    Small claims court?
    Originally posted by Biscuitfrog
    Use S75 or a chargeback if possible, after that Money Claim OnLine (MCOL) is your best bet rather than trying to go through the court
    • slipperyjim
    • By slipperyjim 13th Sep 17, 12:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    slipperyjim
    Cfadvisory con
    Please please don't use cfadvisory!
    Firstly they mis-sell that you need to pay a deposit of £495.00 which they say will be returned when the claim is over but it also covers them if you abscond with all the ppi refund!
    Forget it they say it's a fee in the end and you are left out of pocket.
    • Crayf
    • By Crayf 3rd Oct 17, 3:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Crayf
    Avoid at all costs! Want £495 upfront for "legal fees" but just try and get the money back when it turns out there isn't a PPI claim. One of their clauses state "if a Section 75 or chargeback is used, this will be classed a customer cancellation and the fee of £495 will not be returned". Total scam artists.
    • freddie2122
    • By freddie2122 12th Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    freddie2122
    freddie2122
    Total scam! Do not use! Or you will lose! No service given and they become aggressive and abusive when asked for the deposit returning! AVOID !!!
    • Late for Lunch
    • By Late for Lunch 20th Oct 17, 8:55 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Late for Lunch
    Avoid !!!!
    I fell into the trap (I know, I should have known better!), paid my money based on the fact I was told I'd get a full refund if they were unsuccessful.
    After 12 months I decided it was time to close the account and get my refund ........ well a further 6 months down the line and guess what ...... yep, still no refund
    Every time I phone I get told accounts are chasing 1 final claim option / my systems are down, give me your phone number and I'll call you straight back or I'll get some paperwork in the post for you to sign (which surprise surprise never turns up!).
    I feel like a complete idiot!!

I guess I might as well just write off that £500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,443Posts Today

8,344Users online

Martin's Twitter