Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SideShowBob
    • By SideShowBob 8th Sep 17, 1:38 PM
    • 57Posts
    • 6Thanks
    SideShowBob
    Yorkshire Bank/Clydesdale Bank
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:38 PM
    Yorkshire Bank/Clydesdale Bank 8th Sep 17 at 1:38 PM
    Had a loan with Yorkshire Bank taken out in 1998 and paid off in full in 2003.

Couldn't remember if I had PPI so went through the Resolver website.

Got a letter from Yorkshire Bank saying they were dealing with my PPI claim.

This week I received a phone call asking for more information.

I had a car accident in 1999 and was unable to work for 6 months so made a claim on my PPI to cover the cost of the loan payments, which they say was rejected and they wanted to know why. I remember the accident but that is as far as it goes.

So I have a couple of questions.

I am assuming this proves I had PPI?

Will it effect my claim against misselling if I attempted to make a claim against it and was rejected?
    Last edited by SideShowBob; 08-09-2017 at 1:40 PM.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 14,068 Posts
    • 14,760 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    It would suggest you had PPI.

The claim doesn't impact your complaint. If it had paid out, the value of the claim would have been deducted from any redress.
    • SideShowBob
    • By SideShowBob 8th Sep 17, 1:46 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    SideShowBob
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:46 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:46 PM
    Thanks zx81, that's kind of what I was thinking.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 89,542 Posts
    • 55,985 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    They may be looking into the claim again to see whether you were correctly rejected when you should have been paid out. That has happened fairly often.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • SideShowBob
    • By SideShowBob 22nd Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    SideShowBob
    • 22nd Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 22nd Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    As an update to this.

Got a letter yesterday offering £6,670, no fuss, no hassle.

My advice to people is don't go through a claims company use the resolver website.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 23rd Sep 17, 3:55 PM
    • 7,114 Posts
    • 5,105 Thanks
    -taff
    • 23rd Sep 17, 3:55 PM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 3:55 PM
    Or just cut out the midddle man and complain directly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,607Posts Today

8,802Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin