Last Share you Bought?

Comments

• john0
    john0 Posts: 122 Forumite
    SCLP :) got in at 40.8 not the lowest but so far so good :)
  • JonnyBravo wrote: »
    In short, if everything goes remotely close to plan it'll be a lot higher than 55p when the AL plant starts up in H1 2013. It now seems the plant will be ready early H1 which is great.

The drilling continues apace and if that coincides with the plant then the numbers could be amazing. !

Seems like there is space for speculation before then as they pull back a bit here. 46 is a level but 38 is the real point I would really like to buy at.

I will try to base it off the Gold or GLD price, hoping we can do a pretty harsh pullback to 162 and get all the plebs out saying gold is a bubble. Nice scare to load up on

QE3 was a bit of disappointment this year I think as its limited to just mortgage debt?
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Masomnia wrote: »
    Haven't bought anything for a while. Last thing was LLPC as mentioned by gadgetmind, very happy with those so far!

If you were happy then, you should be delirious now!

Well up on capital and paying out nicely twice a year. I reckon £1.40 is where they'll settle, and they are still a hold even there for me.

I know equities hounds want ten baggers, but some fixed interest makes a nice backbone for the portfolio, though maybe these prefs are a tinge too junior to have as more than one or two vertebra!
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • BLB53
    BLB53 Posts: 1,583 Forumite
    one or two vertebra
    Sounds like a Michelle Mone creation!
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    If you were happy then, you should be delirious now!

Well up on capital and paying out nicely twice a year. I reckon £1.40 is where they'll settle, and they are still a hold even there for me.

I know equities hounds want ten baggers, but some fixed interest makes a nice backbone for the portfolio, though maybe these prefs are a tinge too junior to have as more than one or two vertebra!

Yep, over the moon! I'm expecting the price to come down quite a bit after the ex-div date, as it's the full six months from the next payment; got plenty of overtime at work at the moment so I'm going to buy more when and if that happens.

I'd still buy more at this price, but I think I'll get more bang for my buck by waiting till after the ex-div and foregoing this dividend in favour of cheaper prices.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • Actually the plain LLoy shares are not that far off how its moved in the last year. Of course they pay nothing, +50%

GLD or gold is nearly at 162 now. Time to back the truck up I reckon, a nice flush on Monday would be nice to see on various names including AAZ. 46 was as good as it got so far
  • gadgetmind
    Actually the plain LLoy shares are not that far off how its moved in the last year. Of course they pay nothing, +50%

I also hold some Lloyds ordinaries, and am up 40%+ on them, but these are obviously lower in the capital structure and don't benefit from the steady tick tock of dividends.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • gadgetmind
    edited 3 November 2012 at 6:17PM
    Masomnia wrote: »
    I'm expecting the price to come down quite a bit after the ex-div date

It should be 4.625p.

Whether it makes more sense to buy now or later depends on whether you want dividend income or capital gains.

Of course, you could diversify into NWBD. This has a slightly lower coupon but the Ts&Cs mean that a skipped dividend is unlikely and would actually better for holders in the long term.

• JonnyBravo
    JonnyBravo Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Sold AUL on Friday. 40% in 6 weeks will do. There is the potential for lots more or to simply sink back to under 9p so that'll do me.
  • gadgetmind wrote: »
    I also hold some Lloyds ordinaries, and am up 40%+ on them, but these are obviously lower in the capital structure and don't benefit from the steady tick tock of dividends.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying them 2 or 3 months ago, I was really tempted at 29p!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure