Dublin - Hotel or B&B recommendations ?

Options
Willyk
Willyk Posts: 302 Forumite
Hi All,

We are planning to go down to Dublin for a couple of nights during August (weekend preferred but midweek might also do). Any recommendations for hotels or B&Bs that are not too pricey. Be good to be central but don't mind travelling a few miles. Family of 5 so a family room would be ideal.

Only thing on agenda at the moment is Dublin zoo. Any suggestions of other things to do? Kids are aged between 12 and 16.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Willyk

Comments

• jellynose
    jellynose Posts: 475 Forumite
    Options
    It has a Lewis stop just outside the hotel and lots of offers at the minute including family room, breakfast and Zoo trip:

http://www.thegibsonhotel.ie/special-offers-dublin-hotels.aspx
    Jellynose
  • Willyk
    Options
    Hi Jellynose,

Many thanks for that link. Booked the zoo package and the viking tour package for a 2 night break. Excellent value.

Rgds,

Willyk
  • jellynose
    jellynose Posts: 475 Forumite
    Options
    Willyk wrote: »
    Hi Jellynose,

Many thanks for that link. Booked the zoo package and the viking tour package for a 2 night break. Excellent value.

Rgds,

Willyk

That's great. It is a lovely hotel, spotlessly clean and the staff are fab. There is also a cinema in the complex where the hotel in based. This is useful if the weather turns bad or you fancy a film in the evening.

Make sure you get a loyalty card for the hotel. Each night you get a stamp. 10 stamps gets you a free night and the card does not have an expiry date.

Hope you have a great time :beer:
    Jellynose
  • maggiecon
    maggiecon Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This is another great hotel, although I haven't stayed in a few years. Right next to the Luas and only one stop from St Stephens Green

http://www.camdencourthotel.com/en/
  • Willyk
    Options
    Maggiecon, Looks good, but not just a cheap as the gibson due to the zoo / viking splash deals etc and the age restriction on the kids. However it still looks good. Thanks.
  • maggiecon
    maggiecon Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yeah that deal for the zoo is definitely good value. If you are planning another weekend away sometime, my friends take their kids to the Tayto park and they swear by it. They stay in the Pillo hotel and there is always a good family deal on. http://www.pillohotelashbourne.com/tayto-park.html

They have a three night break with Tayto park, zoo and fantasia tickets as well. Which sounds like a very hectic weekend to me LOL. Only thing is hotel is in Ashbourne.

I know you have already booked but just in case other people might be interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure