MSE News: Royal Mail to start leaving post with neighbours

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    so in short,nobody in the UK knew but me.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,825
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    I knew about and recieved a letter.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Or me, I received my letter weeks ago.

RM complaints are usually heard on twitter. I've found that's the best place to get a reply.
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • I'd heard of it but nothing has been sent through about stickers for your letter box or anything else either come to that.
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,266
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    We had a letter about it, I also heard about it on this forum (well before the introduction).

I applied for and received the sticker in good time, but it doesn't work anyway. We got home tonight and a neighbour brought round a parcel that the postman had left with them.

And reading through the comments on this thread, it doesn't seem like there is much point in complaining about it anyway . . .
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Because of quality control issues with these stickers, Royal Mail is not sending these out! They have known of this problem for some time - it was highlighted during the trials; stickers have been peeling off and fading in the sun in just a few weeks.

So, currently, these is no way to opt out of the scheme. The stickers are the only way that consumers can indicate their wishes; no instructions are given to the local delivery office on who has opted out.

The only way that Royal Mail makes the stickers available is by contacting Royal Mail; they are not available through Post Offices and it is not possible to download the sticker from Royal Mail's web site.

But this appears to be the sticker that Royal Mail was offering...

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQplPXceuSOoASA0cVl1WL3nODbhif2SXGvY-fFiEKppYcD8A0a
  • Paul_Varjak
    Forumite
    I ordered my opt-out sticker on 28 September. I have made repeated requests for the sticker since then.

On 17 September, Royal Mail's Postal Panel Review Service said that a sticker would be sent out to me by special delivery. To date, this has not been received, nor has any other request for a sticker been fulfilled.

According to Ofcom, today, they say they have been told by Royal Mail that the stickers are not currently available and that Royal Mail could not give any time-scale as to when the stickers will be available.

The Information Commissioners Office only started to consider this scheme after its launch on 1 October. Royal Mail failed to involve the ICO in any consultation whatsoever, meaning that the ICO only acted when they started to receive complaints about the scheme.
  • Maybe we ought to make up own stickers.....legally binding requests not to have our mail put with neighbours and the same with post office junk mail and leaflets.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Forumite
    rickbonar. wrote: »
    Maybe we ought to make up own stickers.....legally binding requests not to have our mail put with neighbours and the same with post office junk mail and leaflets.

Problem solved...

royal_mail_neighbours_not_trusted_sign.png

royal_mail_no_unaddressed_mail_sign.png
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    you realise the 2nd one is irrelevant?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories