Renovations and Repayments.

Comments

• AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    March Targets:

Total Grocery Spend: £175/>£450. Doing very well with this. :)
    Surplus Money: £750/£750. We're on track with this. :)
    Going to bed at a reasonable time: 14/31.
    Meditation: 14/31.
    One new recipe per week: 2/4. Need to come up with something for next week. Any suggestions? Maman, yours are usually good. :)
    Read three books: 0/3. Hardly finding any time to read. :(
    3 Things for Friday: 1. Get up and ready for school / work without rushing around, 2. Find three things to smile about, 3. Switch off for an hour - relax.

3 Things for Thursday: 1. Get up and ready for school / work without rushing around, :rotfl: 2. Find three things to smile about, 1. My wife came to the parents evening with me, 2. The headache had gone by this morning, 3. I had a good night's sleep. 3. Try another youtube meditation (determined to do this at some point) Tried one for negative thoughts. Felt myself slipping into the default of being negative about my life this evening, so searched for a guided meditation rather than thinking about everything I've done 'wrong'.. Same as Monday as I've not really got anywhere with any of the targets as I've been really busy. Busy today too but had a little more time. Plus, I need to send some documents.Still need to do this. Tomorrow is a quiet day.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    March Targets:

Total Grocery Spend: £175/>£450. Doing very well with this. :)
    Surplus Money: £750/£750. We're on track with this.
    Going to bed at a reasonable time: 15/31.
    Meditation: 15/31.
    One new recipe per week: 2/4. Need to come up with something for next week. Any suggestions? Maman, yours are usually good.
    Read three books: 0/3. Hardly finding any time to read.
    3 Things for Saturday: 1. Try to have a relaxing day, 2. Find three things to smile about, 3. Do the negative thoughts meditation again.

3 Things for Friday: 1. Get up and ready for school / work without rushing around, This went well today. :)2. Find three things to smile about, 1. Son has decided he wants to swap the LR Defender for a Ferrari Testarossa when he is 17 (saw one the other day). I told him he better forget having a life, get working at my cousin's everyday for the next 11 years and become best friends with my parents. He said a red Spitfire would do instead. :D :rotfl:, 2. Met my wife for lunch, 3. I didn't feel bad telling my son I won't just give him anything he wants, did tell him an 80's Ferrari shows questionable taste at best though. :rotfl: ;)3. Switch off for an hour - relax.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Turned into a 10 hour day of being out of the house.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    He has a good eye for cars Alex, 80's is the new 60's isn't it? :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    March Targets:

Total Grocery Spend: £175/>£450. Doing very well with this.
    Going to bed at a reasonable time: 15/31. Failed miserably yesterday.
    Meditation: 16/31.
    One new recipe per week: 2/4. Need to come up with something for next week. Any suggestions? Maman, yours are usually good.
    3 Things for Sunday: 1. Try to have a relaxing day, 2. Find three things to smile about, 3. Do the negative thoughts meditation again.

Not had a good day, today. Been feeling very negative about the house and about my life in general.
    newgirly wrote: »
    He has a good eye for cars Alex, 80's is the new 60's isn't it? :D

:rotfl: I'm not a big fan of 80's cars, to be honest.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • newgirly
    Please read your march targets Alex, you have reason to feel pleased about those ;)

I would expect nothing less from you Alex, I'm just sad you have gone through your teenage years not lusting after a nice juicy Capri or a golf gti convertible, or a fiesta xr2i :rotfl::rotfl:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    March Targets:

Total Grocery Spend: £175/>£450. NEED to go food shopping tomorrow.
    Going to bed at a reasonable time: 16/31. Managed to go to bed at a sensible time but couldn't sleep.
    Meditation: 17/31.
    One new recipe per week: 3/4.
    3 Things for Monday: 1. Go food shopping, 2. Find three things to smile about, 3. Do the negative thoughts meditation again.

3 Things for Sunday: 1. Try to have a relaxing day, This just doesn't seem to be happening at the moment.2. Find three things to smile about, 1. Enjoyed a drive out, 2. Dog refusing to give my wife the ball before dropping it by my feet, 3. Managed to make an excellent dinner from things left over in the fridge.3. Do the negative thoughts meditation again Going to do this before I go to bed.

Saw my brother-in-law and his family today. Wife's brother was not very nice to her (they used to be very close) and she's been very upset since. To cut a long story short, my wife confided in him around Christmas and he didn't like her actions which led to my son and I temporarily leaving. I can see him going back to not liking me very much after telling him it was our choice to give the marriage another go and that is a choice I am so far pleased I made. He likes to interfere in other people's lives and tell them what (he believes) is the "right" thing to do. Wife has been struggling with guilt from some of her past actions recently and this has really knocked her down. :(

We did manage to talk about the bathroom project this evening, though and I am coming around to Mrs K's way of thinking as it would be nice to have some of the more modern features, thinking practically. Our target is to have the job completed this summer.
    newgirly wrote: »
    Please read your march targets Alex, you have reason to feel pleased about those ;)

I would expect nothing less from you Alex, I'm just sad you have gone through your teenage years not lusting after a nice juicy Capri or a golf gti convertible, or a fiesta xr2i :rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks, NG. :) I am pleased with the March targets, in general. :)

:rotfl: I don't mind Capris but wouldn't part with money for one. My son seems to be getting his taste in cars from my wife. We met at a classic car show, I turned up in the GT6, she had a BMW E30 325i. Being young and stupid, she won dinner in a street race ... am quite surprised to this day that she waited for me, to be honest. :rotfl: She keeps talking about getting either an E30 325i Mtec2 in red, an E36 M3 coupe in techno violet purple or a Z4M... our son seems to like all of the above. :eek: I'd rather go for the delinquent's choice of the 60's: a Jaguar Mk.2 3.8 MOD.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • newgirly
    You do both have very different taste in cars :D
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    :rotfl: She also likes old British cars and enjoys driving them. These days she drives the GT6 more than I do. :) I'll admit I have enjoyed driving the BMWs she's had over the years, it's just the image I don't like. Everyone wants to race you (or they did 7-10 years ago) and the police are far too interested. I recall drifting an MGB around a roundabout during my misspent youth ;) and getting a thumbs up from a policeman... doing that in a BMW would have probably led to losing my licence. :rotfl: Mrs K could get away with it. Last BMW we sold was a Z3 2.8i which was great fun, would recommend, especially to someone not too mechanically minded and with a garage space awaiting. ;)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • newgirly
    Have you been stalking me Alex! A z3 (2.0l though) has just gone up for sale two days ago in the road next to ours, a 1997 black with a new hood for 2k in good condition - not my cup of tea but dh would like it, I very nearly took a walk to have a proper look but stayed strong :D
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I think the 2.0ltr is a 4 cylinder. I'll ask Mrs K and report back. 6 cylinder BMW engines are lovely, if you've not had a car with a BMW 6 pot from the 90s-00s I'd definitely recommend it. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills