IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Macdonalds parking invoice

Comments

• ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2015 at 11:42AM
    Yes it's that. Leave the signage point in.

Add your name and address (as you would any other letter you send)

Take to post office and get free certificate of posting - no need to waste money on recorded delivery - proof of posting is enough.

Don't let waiting for a complaint to McD's to be responded to stop you from appealing.

Sending an appeal in won't affect whether McD's will cancel it.
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Not recorded, they can refuse to sign for it. Take to post office, send first class and ask for proof of posting which is free, deemed to be delivered two working days later.
  • PJD
    PJD Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Many thanks for your help here, - great information - I have never heard of the proof of postage before.
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You may want to omit the 2nd paragraph rant, if you like. It achieves little. They know they are scamming scum, so no need to antagonise them by pointing it out. That kind of stuff is best directed at McD for employing scamming scum.
  • PJD
    Yes, I agree with you
  • PJD
    Macdonalds have said that they will get in touch with MET and explain that I was a paying customer, - he encouraged me to send in the appeal also and said that "hopefully they will take a reasonable view".
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    hopefully they will take a reasonable view".

I've yet to see any PPC 'take a reasonable view'! But I'm prepared to be astounded. :)

Make sure you get your appeal in - the usual 'best outcome' is a POPLA code, where you'll be able to kill this off.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • PJD
    I have had a reply back from MET today.

They have apologised for any inconvenience caused, and, cancelled the parking charge.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Astounded! :shocked:

But well done!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • prosnap
    prosnap Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Biggest bunch of cowards in PPC land.
    The word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary
    Tickets: 19 [cancelled: 18, paid: 0, pending: 1]
    PPC Appeals: 8 [accepted: 2, rejected: 5, pending: 1]
    POPLA: 4 [accepted: 4, rejected: 0, pending: 0]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories