What is Sacat?

Comments

• chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Thought it was Self-Activated Customer Annoyance Terminal.

One of the best aspects of a foreign trip is getting away from accusations of putting something unrecognised into the "bagging area".
  • I also have this problem and am glad to find the answer but why can't they put the name of the store in there. I always thought it was Sainsburys for all my sacat transactions as one bill confirmed but recently on my statement one transaction said Tesco sacat which was how I found myself here.

They should think of their customers and include the store.
  • Good old MSE! Always an answer.Thanks all!
    :j :beer: :j
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Am I the only one who gets annoyed at having to perform the shops job for them (scanning items and bagging them)?
  • Iand1
    Iand1 Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    a discount for using them would be nice!
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    I just don't use them - even if it means queuing for longer. If the staff ask me, I just say I don't like them. It's my choice - and if they take a way the choice then there is another supermarket nearby.

Sure - let them offer a discount. No problem - I'll pay more to use a checkout with proper people. It's a lifestyle choice.
  • sharpy2010 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who gets annoyed at having to perform the shops job for them (scanning items and bagging them)?

Most places don't bag for you anyway so not much different.

I like them as much quicker and easier; just annoying when buying age restricted stuff waiting for someone to approve
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    edited 6 February 2012 at 4:00PM
    Must admit, if there is a checkout open then I'd rather use that than a self-service checkout as they are always faster. Having to remove each item one by one and place it into a bag and then get accused that the bag is now at an unexpected weight and having to wait for someone to check is very annoying!

I foolishly tried to use a carrier I already had once and was asked for the receipt to confirm where I bought the contents!

Then you need to find someone to open those stupid 'theif proof' cases and age restricted items.

With a cashier, I can be filling bags whilst they are scanning the contents of the conveyor belt.

So now I always use a cashier. Don't care if I have to wait.
  • I just don't use them - even if it means queuing for longer. If the staff ask me, I just say I don't like them. It's my choice - and if they take a way the choice then there is another supermarket nearby.

Sure - let them offer a discount. No problem - I'll pay more to use a checkout with proper people. It's a lifestyle choice.

Would you still queue for a long time even just bought say a loaf of bread or pint of milk?
  • daveboy
    daveboy Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm still trying to teach the Mrs how to use these things.

Occasionally they can be annoying but I've used them since they came out and I've got used to exactly what triggers the 'unidentified item in bagging area, please remove before continuing' type messages.

I've also found that Asda's self scan checkouts are far more sensitive than the ones in Tesco. Can't say anything for Sainsbury's as I never shop there.

The only annoying thing for me with them is the idiots that use them that don't have a clue. You know, the ones that take 30 seconds to locate the barcode on each product. Then another 15 seconds to bag it. The uneducated idiots as I call them.

I didn't know what SACAT stood for but I'd worked out what it was some time ago. Not rocket science really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure