PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Super Scrimpers

Comments

• katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    I recognised two people on the show...two of the girls in the sewing class are sisters, their family lived opposite me in London...LOL! Small world!

Kate
  • I didnt see it all,The family given the £50 a week shopping budget,was that just for main meals?,or was that to include breakfast and lunch too?I only saw them eating and "costing" dinners.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,553 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    cooking-mama it was shocking - the £50 was for dinners only for the week for them! We didn't see what they had for breakfast or lunch or where the money came from for that. Clearly those dinners were not even trying to save money! Although I liked the look of those banana muffins...unfortunately my over-ripe bananas are destined for banana and coconut porridge for the next 2 days...yuuuuuuum :D

LC
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • jools27_2
    jools27_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Started off being shocked at the shopping, then was speechless at the average figures quoted for car insurance....if ours was that crazy would never have afforded a new car!!!!
    RIP Iain
    13/11/63-22/12/12
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    I liked the nauils idea, but you still have to go to the nail bar for infills! Why did the family go to Mr T's ? Aldi or Lidl would have been better. They didn't really need to shop anyway, they had cupboards full of food!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• A tip that shocked me was thehome made Play-doh. Did I hear right - 2 parts flour to 1 part salt, yet still perfectly safe if the little boy ate some of it?
  • Does ay one use the foil behind rads tip? does it work and is it safe?
  • Eliza_2
    Eliza_2 Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does ay one use the foil behind rads tip? does it work and is it safe?

Yes - and yes - and yes!! (Why wouldn't it be safe?)

See the 'preparing for winter' thread for this and lots of other similar tips.
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The salt will help preserve it. If the child eats some, it won't taste very nice, so it's unlikely the child would eat enough for the amount of salt to cause a problem.
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Are there any OS posters on this programme? The man giving the gardening tips is the man who has the 'official Radio 2 allotment' and he appears regularly on the Jeremy Vine Show!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure