PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

zippychick
zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
edited 19 July 2017 at 1:58PM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, i've done the best I can to piece the weightloss information together - I hope it's okay for you all :)
As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accommodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accommodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck (nb - we run 4 challenges a year, generally either 12 or 13 weeks, with a fortnight off at the end of December :D, so they run Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep and Oct-Dec.)
Here are links to most of the historical threads

Part 9 auto deleted as explained here .

Part 8

Part 7

Part 6

Part 5

Part 4

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1 ???:rotfl:
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
Norn Iron club member #380

Comments

• zippychick
    edited 19 July 2017 at 1:57PM
    I've tried to piece this together to help you guys out, please do let me know if it's missing anything or if any data is incorrect :)

Useful Links For Old Style Weight Loss

MSE links
    OldStyle Healthy recipes threads
    Menu Plans Collection

Outside Links

Free food/calorie tracking
    My Fitness Pal (iphone and android apps as well as online)
    MyNetDiary
    Caloriecount

The rest on google

Free printable food diary
    Printable portion guide

NHS healthy eating website
    BMI calculator

• zippychick
    edited 17 July 2017 at 4:00PM
    Knit Witch post from 10-07-2017, 7:10 PM (from Part 9)
    Artytarty … 0/14
    Carmen … 3.96/22 :):):);):A
    CathA … 0/3
    CloughiesBrewerArmy … 1/6 :)
    Doveling … +2/9
    FurryBeastOz … 2.5/13 :):);)
    GDB2222 … 2.2/28.6 :):)
    Gresleyrover … 0/4
    Karcher … 0/7
    Knit Witch … 4.5/10 :):):):);)
    Lynnejk … 0/8
    MallyGirl … 2/6 :):)
    Monnagran … 1/7 :)
    Pinknsparkly … 0/5
    SezzaF … 1/7 :)
    Short_bird … 4/10 :):):):)
    Tea Lady … 2/14 :):)
    Tessie bear … 1/11 :)
    TiredTrophy … 3/13 :):):)
    Weewdy … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Zafiro1984 … +4/20 :(:(:(:(

2 st 0.66 lb :j:j ;)

• FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The entire thread seems to have disappeared- am I missing something?
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Last time this happened it was the What are you making for dinner tonight thread which disappeared the board guides said because it had been auto deleted because of too many spam reports, we've never managed to get an answer as to whether or not it can be reinstated but it was thought unlikely. We were allowed to set a new thread running thanks to the efforts of Zippychick and M&M90 who were and presumably are still working on it. It was also thought that the thread was too long sadly with the deletion came the removal of the number of posts from peoples count that the thread contained. Hope it's not the same here but I suspect it might be.

ZIPPY?????
  • gresleyrover
    gresleyrover Posts: 300 Forumite
    Can we have our thread back please
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes. Quickly please. We are mid-challenge and this is desperate.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • I've pm'd Zippy to see if she can find out what's happened for us, if anyone can sort it she can!
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    omgoodness please let us have our thread back :D
    onwards and upwards
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You'd think if it was because it was too long, they could just lock it and advise us to start a new one.

It was said that the 'What are you making for dinner' thread was deleted because it was: Reported as Spam...and/or Too long...

Also that it couldn't be re-instated for 'Legal Reasons', though what those were remain a mystery?

It's a shame that long running, harmless, popular and very useful threads are just wiped off the face of the boards without a thought.

Just my tuppence worth :o
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Would it be possible for someone to just take a dislike to a particular thread and go through just reporting every post as spam? might that be enough to get it taken down? or would the guides check to see who?

I really hope it's not because these OS boards are deemed to be of no value to MSE HQ and perhaps seen as expendable, I know I'd really miss the chat and friendship that they offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure